ebay still allow scammers to run free

Just my luck, I encountered 2 scumbag buyers in the same month, both international.

Same old BS, they message you saying item not received, at the same time leave a big negative feedback, then just sit back and wait for you to panic and grant refund.

Fortunately I did attach tracking # with each parcel, which clearly show parcels delivered.

After a quick call to ebay customer support, both feedbacks were removed.

I then checked their feedback history, mate, that was horrifying.

I already reported them 3 days ago but nothing has happened so far.

Now, riddle time:

1)  Nike told POLice that he was born in 1970.

2)  a CAT told me that NI CHARTHAIGH is a last name origined from Ireland, but the space in between might not be necessary.

Hope you guys can see what I saw.

If you can, please report them like I did, and hope ebay will do something.

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: ebay still allow scammers to run free

Sadly the Chinese are easy targets because they value their feedback. Well, a lot of them do. I received a large order the other day and one item was smashed. No idea how as it was in the middle of the box and the other breakables around it were intact. I sent the seller a photo of the broken item and asked what they wanted to do, did they want me to return it, or what? Within 10 minutes, I'd received a full refund, no questions asked. I had already left glowing feedback for the other items, so I left glowing feedback for that one too. 

In the past I've had to stop the Chinese from refunding when I'm merely letting them know the item hasn't arrived yet, but am willing to wait a bit longer to see if it arrives (it usually does). For the amount of Chinese scammers, there are 100 decent sellers who only want to please. That makes them a really easy target and that's sad. I love my Chinese sellers and could never willingly rip them off. 

Message 11 of 19
Latest reply

thats good to hear tippy I have not bought anything from China for probably 5 years but never had any problems. I noticed that our Greek friend on the first 3 pages of  feedback left for others had left 11 negatives for one seller over 4 different transactions that all said "not arrived" Now that is one unlucky buyer. I send parcels to relos in Greece regularly and the Greek postal system is not that bad

Message 12 of 19
Latest reply

Wow, 28 negs left for sellers just on the first 3 pages. This must be one unlucky buyer.

Ebay need to monitor the number of INR form buyers who lodge multiple disputes. PayPal actually do this and if you have too many claims (regardless of the outcome) they will ban you from using PayPal.

Message 13 of 19
Latest reply

Yes they must be the most unluckiest buyers to have so many thing never arrive or not as described.

If this was actually happening it would definately put me off buying ever again.

Soo many revised feedback when they get refunded also.

They found it worked and they are still allowed to do it again and again, just terrible.

Message 14 of 19
Latest reply

You can't stop scammers but you can stop selling internationally if you want to.

It won't solve all problems but it would make life easier for you. Easier to track, easier to arrange returns if you have to, cheaper postage etc

Message 15 of 19
Latest reply

@justkidzbiz wrote:

Wow, 28 negs left for sellers just on the first 3 pages. This must be one unlucky buyer.

Ebay need to monitor the number of INR form buyers who lodge multiple disputes. PayPal actually do this and if you have too many claims (regardless of the outcome) they will ban you from using PayPal.

They don't seem to be doing anything with this pair though.

Message 16 of 19
Latest reply

The Greek one has left 417 negs and 29 neutrals. The Irish one, out of 78 feedback left for others, 28 negs, 3 neutrals.

Message 17 of 19
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

The Greek one has left 417 negs and 29 neutrals. The Irish one, out of 78 feedback left for others, 28 negs, 3 neutrals.

The Greek just obviously has very high standards, tippy.Smiley Very Happy

Message 18 of 19
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

Other members can add them to their BBL but can't report.

Nothing to report until a member actually experiences a problem with them.

Both nightmare buyers.

These are the reaons that a buyer can be reported,(the inappropriate Feedback is the one I use)..

·         Excessive eBay Money Back Guarantee cases

·         Misuse of the eBay Money Back Guarantee programme

·         Inappropriate Feedback

·         Negative, neutral and low DSR ratings in feedback

·         Policy violations

·         Unreasonable demands

·         Misuse of returns policies

Message 19 of 19
Latest reply