ebays calculator and australia post calculator show different prices same item

wixmore
Community Member

THE ITEMS I AM SELLING CALCULATED ON EBAY IS $31.15, BUT AUSTRALIA POST CALCULATES $24.15 FOR THE SAME ITEM. WHICH PRICE IS RIGHT AND HOW DO I LET BUYERS CHECK THE POSTAGE PRICE USING POSTCODE IF EBAYS IS WRONG. CAN I SUBSTITUTE EBAYS CALCULATOR WITH AUS POST CALCULATOR.?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: ebays calculator and australia post calculator show different prices same item

First of all, lose the caps. We don't like being yelled at.

If the costs are showing a big difference, package the item up, but don't seal it. Take it to the PO and ask them how much it would cost to go the longest distance from your place. When I do it, I ask how much from NSW to WA. If they have time, ask how much to the other states as well.

Put the most expensive price in the listing, then in the description list the prices for each state and beg buyers not to pay until the invoice is adjusted accordingly. You should be able to set it up with the postage calculator though.

That said, are you using the calculated postage option, or just the numbers that eBay has put in there for you? If you don't want to go the PO route, go with the AP costs. I sent a seller some extra money for postage today because the amount she put in the invoice didn't even cover half the postage. By the time she covered the rest, plus paid fees, she would have been out of pocket. She said that was the amount that eBay put in there.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Re: ebays calculator and australia post calculator show different prices same item

Have you considered that the OP could be visually impaired and may have to type in larger type just to be able to read it

I would suggest that you have not

I do not find the OP’s post rude or offensive or yelling, so I suggest you do not use the pronoun “we”

Appears to be just your opinion

It is not over until the Fat Ladies post

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

I am sure  no offence was intended, but the caps (and not everyone knows it is shouting on a comp) is very hard to read.

OP, you can change your font size if it is indeed a sight problem as suggested by the above poster.

Like This

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

As someone who has a visually impaired very close friend, caps is VERY hard to read. For him, impossible. He finds it much easier to increase the font size and make it bold and black. As his vision gets worse (retinitis pigmentosa), the size of his font gets larger. Although most of the time he types in about size 16, but just increases it on his own screen so he can see it.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply