exporting activite listings

Does anyone know of a way to export current active listing from one account and import them into another?

Thankyou

Shane

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: exporting activite listings

Only suggestion I can make is when you are logged into the account you want the listing in search for it then select 'sell one like this'.

I don't know how much of the listing transfers but most things, pics and description used to show that way.

Otherwise if you are already using a listing host (equivelant to Turbolister) I think you can upload listings to multiple accounts.

image host
Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

I need to get all my lists out of my existing account to put into another first

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

kopes, when you click on that link it only transfers the title, item specifics and the number.  You still have to upload the photo/s, do the description from scratch, and put the price in.  When I read your reply I thought I might try it as I also have a few listings I'd like to transfer, but alas, it doesn't work like it used to years ago.

I don't know of any shortcuts but I usually open the listings I want to transfer in their own separate tabs, sign out of that ID, then sign in to the new ID and copy and paste any relevant details from the original listing.  Opening them in the 'edit' page means I can copy and paste the descriptions in html.

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

I believe you can use file exchange. I know nothing about it, but a board search for 'file exchange' should give you some tips.

Otherwise do what I do - create new listings on the relevant account from the full information I keep stored on my computer.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Well... I have done it once before, but I don't recomend it. It screwed up my listings and I had to spend a long time fixing them all. I think from memory it duplicated the MPNs, but it may have been my fault. I may have run the tool twice.

At the time I was toying with opening my own website with shopify, they have a 14 day trial or something.I found an app that would import from ebay to shopify, but it's a 3rd party tool and pretty clunky. I don't remember what it's called but you should be able to find it on the shopify app store.

Once everything was in shopify I could not find a free way to upload to ebay again, so I signed up to inkfrog. I imported from shopify to inkfrog and finally I could easily move listings from one ebay account to another, or to shopify, it has ways to share inventory with shopify btw, so you can have the same item listed on shopify and ebay. I would not do that with listings that only have 1 in stock though.

I can even select what ebay site I want to list the item on for example .co.uk or .com.

Anyway, long story short, I found a very circuitus way to move everything accross, but it was a big headache. Also it turns out that the exported items are really only any good for ebay because the data that ebay want for a listing does not match very well with the data that shopify wants.

I like inkfrog though, it's not perfect, but I feel like I have more freedom. Also, if ebay ever shut me down, I already have everything saved somewhere else. Inkfrog support ebay, shopify, big commerce and amazon.

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

Using File Exchange via a CSV file can do this.

Down side....

Very difficult system to use and images will not transfer via CSV files.

The only other way would be to use some kind of external 3rd party software.

But these cost.

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

@clarry100 wrote:

Using File Exchange via a CSV file can do this.

Down side....

Very difficult system to use and images will not transfer via CSV files.

The only other way would be to use some kind of external 3rd party software.

But these cost.

Clarry not sure you can download listings directly using File Exchange.  If you already have the file you can upload to a different account, but if not, I don't think there's any direct method to download a listing.  You can use File Exchange to download your Listing Templates, but the numbers of templates is limited and the descriptions are max 500 characters (I think). 

It can be done using the eBay API but not straight forward, or for the faint hearted.

If you have your listings in Turbo Lister you can download them as a csv File in File Exchange format and upload to a different user account using File Exchange.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

When you go into File Exchange Create a Download Request...

Then select Active in the dropdown.

Then Standard

Then All active listings

The data you get in the CSV file is all you will need to create a CSV upload file to reupload the listings. Except...

The problem is that there is no listing image data in the CSV download, not even URLs.

So listing images cannot be migrated in this way.

When uploading listing images you need to place the image files on a remote file server (outside ebay) somewhere first.

Then reference those image files by URL in the CSV upload file.

The next problem is that during the upload process the main product images transfer to the Ebay Picture Server (EPS) as they should, but if you have variations with images they remain located on the remote server referenced by the URL.

This creates a mixed mode image listing which is not allowed by ebay rules.

The end listing actually works and looks OK.

But... some time later when you come to manually edit the listing the problem shows up and all variation images are then deleted from the listing.

I spoke with the TurboData people about this problem and they acknowledged it but had no plans to fix it.

...and its not for the feint-hearted as the migration of the data across to an upload CSV file format is quite difficult (can be done tho).

And the ebay TurboData handbook for File Exchange is full of omissions and errors.

A couple of years back I set about doing just this and reached a point where I gave up in the end.

The one thing I did find out tho is that the sponsors of File Exchange in USA were very helpful.

email them: turbodata@ebay.com

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

@clarry100 wrote:

When you go into File Exchange Create a Download Request...

Then select Active in the dropdown.

Then Standard

Then All active listings

The data you get in the CSV file is all you will need to create a CSV upload file to reupload the listings. Except...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clarry that only provides

Item ID, Custom Label, Qty Purchases, Price Start, Date, Condition, Item Title, Category, Leaf Name, Category Number, Private Notes, Site Listed, Download Date, Variation Details, Product Reference ID, Condition ID, Out Of Stock Control

Not only missing Picture URL but also importantly the Description.  For very short descriptions this may be not an issue but for any long or complex descriptions its a game breaker.

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply