falling listing views

Hi.  I've noticed my my ebay listing views have dropped by 15% over the last 3 weeks but more than that my external listing views have  dropped 65%! Do others have similar trends at times or is there some other reason?  Would appreciate any advice.  Thanks

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

falling listing views

Yes, impressions down, page views slightly up, click through rate well down. Actual number of sales about the same but turnover down almost 60%. Welcome to the wonderful world of retail.

If I was to give an opinion, it would be that my potential customers are window shopping and actual buyers doing it cheap.

But then again, that's been the case throughout my selling history on ebay.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

falling listing views

Ebay up 11% 

External down 22%

But as I have limited quantity of most items once they sell page views will drop.

I am not sure which stats are more important but lately I have been watching the top 20 search results increase and is now at 22%. With a 1.2% click through rate. 

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

falling listing views

Yes, definite downturn in all areas. This is the last year I am selling on here.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

falling listing views

Yes, impressions down, page views slightly up, click through rate well down. Actual number of sales about the same but turnover down almost 60%. Welcome to the wonderful world of retail.

If I was to give an opinion, it would be that my potential customers are window shopping and actual buyers doing it cheap.

But then again, that's been the case throughout my selling history on ebay.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

falling listing views

Mine dropped steadily for the last 18 months and sales completely tapered off. A recent entire re-do of my shop has boosted views by 3x, but has not translated into better sales at all.

On another platform I sell on, my sales are going gangbusters and are up 92% compared to last year, whereas on Ebay my sales are down by 90%. 

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

falling listing views

The other platform also starting with an 'e'? I want to start selling some stuff on that one. 

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

falling listing views

Yes, the other "e", lol.

In general, your items will need to be handmade, vintage (over 20 years old) or supplies (ie: crafting beads).

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

falling listing views

Cool! Yeah the stuff I want to sell would be handmade. I’m seeing a lot of people complaining about that place, but it’s encouraging to hear success stories such as yours. 👌😎

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

falling listing views

I reckon it's all got to do with promoted listings and their revenue raising for eBay

Reach more buyers with new keyword match types - The eBay Community

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

falling listing views

It could well be the case, twyngwyn.

If sales go down, eBay are unlikely to look for (or admit) the actual cause... if they can increase revenue with stunts such as that to which you've linked.

That could degrade eBay's ultimate orbit.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply