feedback embezzelment

I am very concerned regarding an incident of feedback embezzelment that has happened to me as a seller. My buyer told me by email that he was happy with my service but is unhappy that I have not left him positive feedback. When I told him that I was not leaving any feedback he threatened me to either leave him positive or he will leave me neutral. He gave me a couple of days to do this and so I contacted ebay . They told me that his actions are not acceptable and that they will take matter into their hands. After this email from ebay he left me a neutral feedback. I have since contacted ebay regarding this matter only to be told now that they will be doing nothing and that as I have excellent feedback that this neutral shouldn't affect me. I think this is very unfair and what is the point of having Feedback Embezzelment if it is not enforced. This buyer I have since checked has many neutrals he has left based only on not getting his positive feedback. As a seller I am not allowed to leave negative or neutral feedback and as I was unhappy about my transaction with him feel I should be allowed to not leave any feedback at all. I thought feedback was an option and not a requirement. I hope someone can help with this matter.

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: feedback embezzelment

I think you are much more likely to have success if you call them, and if they try to fob you off with the same spiel as before, insist on speaking to a supervisor. Phoning (often several times) tends to get more results than emails, as quite often you'll continually get canned responses. 

Message 11 of 12
Latest reply

Re: feedback embezzelment

Off topic ....

But OP - BIG congrats on your recent achievement of a yellow shooting star for 10,000 feedback  -  continues to be inspiring to me to see others reach these milestones.

Cat Very Happy

Message 12 of 12
Latest reply