freight bulky shows as free shipping

Hi eBayers,

I listed some items recently and chose for the shipping method: "Freight: Large and bulky items".

When viewing the item details under shipping it correctly says: "See item description or contact seller" but when showing the item in the gallery it shows postage "Free". Although initially the purchaser said they couldn't check out without me supplying shipping costs, subsquently the eBay checkout did let them check out without freighting costs.

This is very confusing (and a little unfair) for buyers who see the "Free" shipping first and then (quite reasonably) overlook the shipping details in the full description. It's also not great for sellers who have to come back after receiving payment and tell buyers that their 3 tonne Indian Elephant doesn't actually ship for free.

Shouldn't the preview say something like "Varies by location" as I think I've seen in some item description screens?

Would someone please comment on this?

Thanks,

qld_computers

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

5kazam
Community Member

I spent an hour on the phone yesterday with eBay relating to the same problem.  It has resulted because of the new Business Procedures Shipping Policy, which has a glitch in it.

I have always used 'Freight.....', as this prevented purchasers paying without including for postage before I sent an invoice.  Note : I did this as advised by eBay.

I also noted yesterday, that all of my listings had changed to 'Posts to AUSTRALIA',  whereas previously it was Worldwide.

Advice from eBay yesterday was to 'Opt Out' of the Business Procedures until the bugs were worked out.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Thanks 5kazam. How do I opt out of business procedures?

Thanks,

qld_computers

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Go to Account

Select Business Procedures from LHS menu

At the top RHS in blue  - 'Opt out'

Click yes. 

Can't quite remember, but probably says 'Are you sure...'

And that is pretty much it

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Thanks, I'm having the same problem.

Appreciate the temporary fix!

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Also have had the same issue in the last week with a couple of listings.

from what I have seen to date it is a problem with the ebay mobile app.

I dumped business policies ages ago as a waste of time.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply