got a defect over nonsense

2 months ago I sold a dress to a buyer in the US, then she opened a return request saying it doesn't fit her.

Fine, I accepted return, and waited, and waited, the dress never came back.

Buyer didn't provid a tracking # neither.

Then last week, she opened a case saying she hasn't got her money back yet, ebay made a final decision, decided in buyer's favour of course, and left me with a stinky defect that I don't deserve.

They didn't refund her though, buyer was asked to provide valid tracking information before refund can be granted.

So I didn't lose money at least, but why the defect? It doesn't make any sense.

Buyer failed to provide any evidence that item was in fact returned, and, I was found at fault??

As a small seller, just one defect is enough is strike down my account, to below standard.

I called ebay US earlier today and was told the defect cannot be removed.

I will try my luck again tomorrow.

Ebay is such a mess nowadays.

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: got a defect over nonsense

In the past if the buyer or seller is located in the US then eBay seem to use the they are right rule,(eg:

regardless of how the "dispute" should be setlled they always seem to find in favour of the US member)tease.gif

If they can add a defect to an Aussie based seller even if they are not at fault then they seem to regard that

as a bonus,Whistle.gif

Hence,why I don't sell overseas.good.gif

Message 11 of 12
Latest reply

Re: got a defect over nonsense

You'd think eBay would follow their own policies. The buyer must send the item back within 7 days from the case being opened

Message 12 of 12
Latest reply