got a proof of delivery after case item not as received was closed. Ebay not refunding money. Help

I am a seller on eBay Australia. Sold item to custommer in France. Due to COVID19 item was delayed. Buyer opened a case and it was closed in buyer favour with full refund. Few days later tracking shows parcel was delivered. Now ebay Australia are very unprofessional. They are saying it got nothing to to with them. Claiming it's under eBray Franace playing rules. Story drags for 3 weeks now. Every single time I contact ebay Australia they promisse someone from eBay France will contactme in 24 hours. 4 time silence. Ebay Australia are shaking their hands they can't help me. This is some kind of madness based on promisses.

Any advice what to do? 

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

got a proof of delivery after case item not as received was closed. Ebay not refunding money. Help

This is a familiar storyโ€”a few months back there were several topics saying basically the thing from other Australia sellers who'd posted items to international buyers.

Technically, eBay Australia are correct in that it doesn't have anything to do with themโ€”getting it resolved in your favour requires some help from eBay France, and there's not a lot you can do until that happens.

I understand your frustration, but keep trying. If you have a look through some of the other topics in this selling section, you can familiarise yourself with how things progressed with other sellers in your situation.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

You are at the mercy of the buyer.  Ask them to pay you again, but dont like your chances.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Ebay international delivery times are so incorrect then, but looks like ebay not bothered. I sold 3 item to France in a past 3 months. Both parcels are delayed. Lucky only one buyer opened a case and it was closed with full refund. Recently sold item to Malta. Ebay says item will be delivered in 2 weeks time. From my experience around a month minimum. Even Australia post web page says 25 working days. Contacted ebay with incorrect delivery times to avoid similar problem I have with French customer. Ebay says we are on your side and if any problems we will help. But recently ebay just keeps pushing, telling fairly tails and promising wonderlands. This is madness! 

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

As you were apparently content to keep accepting international sales, after world shipping was thrown into chaos due to covid, then you must accept the risk of selling in the current environment.  Scammers or Savvy international shoppers, take your pick,  have been only too willing to exploit ebay policies and shipping delays.

As  soon as delays became apparent, requests for international shipping increased substantially, I would hate to add up how many dollars worth of orders I have refused or cancelled due to this, suffice to say it is in the thousands.  But at least I have escaped all the claims, except for two domestic claims that were resolved in the nick of time.

Ebay has your back, right, they might  remove defects and negs, but be warned if they are forced to refund your loss, rather than the buyer,  it will come at a substantial cost.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

I disagree with you. If Australia post claims they will deliver item in 25 business days, so why ebay shows estimated delivery deadline time 2 weeks? Why estimated time is so incorrect and everthing is based on it? If sellers like you keep saying what you are saying, thats why it's happening.Why on earth we still trade with ridiculous estimated delivery times?  Why ebay is not extending it to solve the problem? Whats the point to promise to buyers something whats never going to be done at the costs of sellers pocket.  This is pathetic. 

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

@kasrupi wrote:

If sellers like you keep saying what you are saying, thats why it's happening.Why on earth we still trade with ridiculous estimated delivery times?  Why ebay is not extending it to solve the problem? 

The solution is in your own hands - just extend your handling time to compensate for the delay, then when the postal times get back to normal reduce it again.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

@kasrupi wrote:

I disagree with you. If Australia post claims they will deliver item in 25 business days, so why ebay shows estimated delivery deadline time 2 weeks? Why estimated time is so incorrect and everthing is based on it? If sellers like you keep saying what you are saying, thats why it's happening.Why on earth we still trade with ridiculous estimated delivery times?  Why ebay is not extending it to solve the problem? Whats the point to promise to buyers something whats never going to be done at the costs of sellers pocket.  This is pathetic. 

You can disagree as much as you like,  the simple question is, Did the item arrive within the specified timeframe  and obviously the answer is No.   It has been quite obvious for at least 6 months, that items are delayed and not arriving on time.  It is also extremely well know among buyers that if the item does not arrive on time, there is an extremely high chance they will get it free.

Gaming the system is nothing new.  You can even get taught how to do it online and it is not specific to ebay.

As for sellers like Me,  Is that sellers who take steps to protect there own interests and dont expect someone else to do it for them.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply