help please with a return

Help please with a return request customer opened tonight.  I sold a top by TS Taking Shape and customer has sent a return request as "not authentic" going as far as calling it fake.  She  sent an email and thanked me on the 20/5/20 for sending an extra top in the parcel and never mentioned anything.

Tonight I get the return request  through ebay reason "Doesn't seem authentic."  I sold it for $14.99 and $8.80 postage.  She is requesting refund of top and postage.  I have been selling for a lot of years on ebay and never had a return request.  I sent a message via the request  to say it is authentic and why did she not contact me and saying I will not give a refund or pay for return postage.  I also attached a copy of the photo in listing of  the TS label.

What I want to know does ebay take into account  the information I have provided, as I have read on the boards so often that buyers just get refunded and the Seller is out of pocket?  It is the principle if it was an error on my behalf I would have refunded straight away, but just a little bit angry at the moment.

Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 33
Latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

The short of it is, there's nothing you can do to win this case - if you dispute it, eBay will side with your buyer, and they'll be refunded for it anyway.

Accept the return request, refund the buyer only once you've received it, and then try to forget about it - that amount of money is not worth stressing about, and if you've been selling clothing on eBay for years and not encountered this before, you've done very well!

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 2 of 33
Latest reply

Thank you so much for your reply  I thought that would be the case, its not the money I know it is a small amount, it's the principle and false return request.    Will take your advice but will wait the 3 days  before refunding. 

Message 3 of 33
Latest reply

Yeah it's a **bleep** feeling when a buyer does that, but just remind yourself that they're the one with the issue, and add them to your blocked buyers list.

Message 4 of 33
Latest reply

Yes definitely blocked bidder list, just a bad night tonight had 2 non payers.  Also I just realised because this LOVELY buyer says not authentic and fake she does not have to return it.  I refund and she gets to keep item.  She knows which option to pick on a return.

Thank you for your help, I fee so much better after venting.  Have a good night.

Message 5 of 33
Latest reply

@ann4206 wrote:

Yes definitely blocked bidder list, just a bad night tonight had 2 non payers.  Also I just realised because this LOVELY buyer says not authentic and fake she does not have to return it.  I refund and she gets to keep item.  She knows which option to pick on a return.

Thank you for your help, I fee so much better after venting.  Have a good night.

Ok, I wasn't aware of that, sorry.

If it's the buyer of the crinkle top, have a look at her feedback - she's bought a few pieces of clothing in the last month, she is habitually abusing the returns policy you might find another seller who's mentioned something in a feedback comment (they're not supposed to, but some do). And if that's the case I'd report the buyer to eBay.

Message 6 of 33
Latest reply

Thank you for your info, I have looked at her feedback and  it is good.  Sellers may be like me and as soon as I post leave Feedback.  She even sent me an email on the 20/5/20 thanking me for the extra I put in the parcel,  She had messaged me before bidding could she have extra days to pay and  I said no problem.   No warning signs at all.  Kept me updated when she would pay and did.

This is the only information she put in return request  "I want a  FULL REFUND INCLUDING POSTAGE for this fake". ( this is copied from her request).  I would have thought buyer would have had to put a reason why they thought it was fake???

I will just refund and move on I think she may have purchased too much this month and now needs money back. 

Have a great day:)

Message 7 of 33
Latest reply

As you know that is not fake, why roll over for them.  Refund only after the item has been returned.

Make sure you reply to the dispute stating that you will accept return.  (Is there an option for that?)

Message 8 of 33
Latest reply

There is an option for accept return will wait a bit longer before agreeing.  I have just chatted with ebay asking them if buyer has to reply to my message and give a reason for her statement.    They have stated yes the buyer has to reply and give a reason.  Also I mentioned I had not had a request previously and heard it is always found in buyers favour.  They have told me that is not the case.  We will see.  (even sent me an email with chat coversation)

At this stage will wait for the buyers reply as I not worried about item being returned or the price of the item.  I just do not want to refund a buyer who is trying to pull one over me.

Thank you for taking the time to assist, everyone has been great.   I have only posted on boards a couple of times but often come in and have a read, full of helpful information for Sellers. 

Message 9 of 33
Latest reply

Don't leave it until the last minute to agree to accept the return and then provide the buyer with a refund, or eBay could well close in the buyers favour and you'll lose the item and the cost of it.

It used to be the case that if a buyer claimed the item was fake, they had to provide evidence from an authorised supplier that the item was indeed fake. If that is done then you won't get the item back - it's illegal to send fakes by AP.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 10 of 33
Latest reply