hi and is it against ebay rules to give or let someone else take over your account ?

basically I was given two ebay accounts to take over for me to use sell on etc as the person no longer required them and i want to know is this allowed by ebay or not?   clear answers please and note no money or goods changed hands at all

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

hi and is it against ebay rules to give or let someone else take over your account ?

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Hmmm....it is a pity you did not add your second question to this post....at least it answers the question about money changing hands.

Apart from whether ebay allows it or not (supposedly not but I have seen other posts where members have suggested ways of doing it) I think you have been taken for a ride.

As you have "Taken over" the accounts, along with any previous sales, but do not have access to the paypal account, it means that you will have to pay for any refunds out of your own pocket.

It sounds to me as though there were already disputes open and paypal has now taken the money from the paypal account that was registered to the account originally.

As you no longer have access to the paypal account any further refunds will have to come from your paypal account.

How many disputes are open on the account/s?   If there are too many you might find that by the time you have done the refunds and received the defects your accounts may be suspended and you will be unable to sell.

How well do you know the person who "gave" you the accounts.....and why did he do so?   It all sounds suspicious to me.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Permission has to be requested, and eBay must approve any change of 'ownership' of an account (I use the term ownership loosely).

Whoever the original person registered to that account is, they will remain linked to that account without eBay officially recognising the new owner. That means for as long as the change isn't officially sanctioned by eBay, anything that happens with any other accounts run by that person, will affect the accounts you've 'taken over'.

If they get banned from selling, or deregistered all together, so will the accounts you took over (this will occur even if you change the registered name etc on the account).  

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply