how do I block new members with no feedback?

I have had a few instances just recently with new members testing the waters, and not paying for their item.  All fine, but I have put that restriction on my preferences for all listings? or so I thought? how do I remedy this??

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: how do I block new members with no feedback?

How do you deal with transactions? Do you send more emails than the standard, can't be turned off ebay ones? If you do then you could be giving the buyer reason to think you are perhaps not good to deal with. I usually pay straight away but if for some reason I don't and the seller asks me for payment any time before the end of day 4 then I am tempted to wait until 5 mnutes before the end of day eight before I pay. I did say think about it, I have only done it once and that was when the seller emailed me in a very abrupt, rude way asking me why I hadn't paid by the end of the 1st day!

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

Gee, thanks for that unnecessary comment! Actually have been a long time user as a seller on ebay,  and never really had problems.  Unfortunately lately there is a spate of new people who seem to be buying my items then not paying, or responding to any messages.  But gee, your advice was extremely handy... :?

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

I appreciate that, I only send the original invoice, then I wait, Only after 4 days do I message buyer, asking simply if they are still wishing to purchase the item,never rudely! If I get no response to that within 2 days, I then Send invoice again, if then nothing, I report, I think that is fair, Thanks to all who have helped, I'll disregard the other (s).   I have now altered my buying preferences!

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

"If everybody had your attitude no new members would ever be able to buy. Which would mean no new members."

Actually, ANY new member who bothers to go through the phone verification process can still buy. Or, if this is too difficult (I have had emails from customers who have called eBay and still can't manage to succeed in getting through the process), they can link a verified PayPal account to override the block. If they can't do either of these things, to be honest, other aspects of the order would often be very difficult. That is why I now have the block in place. My store does rely on the buyer's ability to promptly message/check messages, accurate names/date provided, accurate delivery address provided the first time (as my items are often date-bound).

For sellers with items that are 'pick and send', where messaging or delays aren't really a problem, yeah, I guess the block might be a bit harsh.

But I have also noticed that a number of 'zero' feedback members have started new accounts to circumvent blocks due to strikes, or being on the BBL etc. The are not always 'newbies'. They are sometimes very shrewd people who I don't particularly want to sell to for whatever reason. The phone verification process etc. is a deterrent, so I find that instances of these members succeeding in buying has decreased due to the block.

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

Yes, I believe I mentioned those circumventions. But OP REALLY wants to be able to block, by their own admission, ALL 0 feedback buyers. So my point stands.

Message 15 of 15
Latest reply