how do i stop items relisting

I have just ended all my listings because FEEbay - Ebay will not give me the choice on relisting, but forces it on me. I have had enough of trying to stop this (as many others also have). So Ebay - goodbye from me as a seller!!!!!!!!

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Auctions don't normally use up free listings or charge insertion fees when automatically relisting, regardless of the checkbox saying that fees may apply for each relist.

The only items which take up a listing every time they renew are Good 'til Cancelled. I have 380+ items listed (auctions and GTC) right now without a store account and don't get charged a cent, even though items are relisting on a daily basis.

If I was stuck with literally 40 listings every month it wouldn't be even worth trying to list anything that didn't sell for at least $30 the first time every time due to the $1.65 fees that would pop up. If automatically-relisted auctions (not GTC) are taking up free listings on your account then there's something seriously wrong, especially if you aren't making five figures.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Just untick the box for the free relists. Simples.

image host
Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

If your items are BIN they relist every month.

The way to stop it is to end them prior to relist.

This has only been in effect for two years, so it is understandable that you haven't noticed.

eBay, and anybody else, won't notice your absence. See ya.

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

@maximus-wa wrote:

I have just ended all my listings because FEEbay - Ebay will not give me the choice on relisting, but forces it on me. I have had enough of trying to stop this (as many others also have). So Ebay - goodbye from me as a seller!!!!!!!!

Feebay, bawahahahahahahaha, how original! My sides are aching from laughing so hard. I wish I'd thought of that (*rolls eyes*).

You have 35 completed listings, with a couple of sales included. All your items were auctions. Why would you not want them to relist when you get 8 free relists? Did you notice the word FREE, not FEE? It also equated to less than 40 listings. You get 40 free listings a month. If you are running auctions with 8 free relists, then you can actually have hundreds of active listings and only paying fees when they sell.

Or is it the selling fees you are up in arms about? 

Ebay have no interest in your low price rubbish, so they certainly won't notice you are gone. Not by a long shot. Please close the door on your way out. Seeya!

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

So why am I (and many thousand of others) not happy about this “40 free listings” that the wonderful Ebay gives us each month AND forces us to accept the RE-LISTING when we put in our item? The 40 free listing is awesome in itself, BUT THERE IS A CHATCH!

Let me say first of all the SIMPLE thing that is needed: A ‘tick box’ that will or will not re-list the item automatically. SO SIMPLE!!!!!! But no, we are forced to have our item re-listed every time.

Now you have to jump through this hoop, then this hoop (if you can find the hoop), and if that does not work, it is suggested you end the item early before it finishes!? What a joke. We all know big business is clever at enticing us with “freebies” to part with our money, which many of us need to survive day by day, which is why we are trying to earn that few extra dollars by putting stuff on Ebay. I am NOT talking about those who have a business selling new items, but the little guys.

So why are we being caught by FEEbays freebies?

I add say, 35 items to Ebay for 7-day auction (or buy now) at the beginning of the month, I keep the starting price low and 5 items sell with 1 bids - I make a couple of bucks. Ebay FORCES my re-listing which is 5 free listings and 25 listing charged to me. After another 7 days, 2 more sell, and Ebay FORCES another re-listing of the remaining 23 items and charges me 23 fees for re-list. But is this my fault for not jumping through enough hoops to stop each item re-listing - really guys, we are not idiots and Ebay is NOT in business for OUR benefit, but to make money. BILLIONS of money.

Simple solution = a few lines of code to create a tick box. Now you try and defend FEEbay against the simple truth that you well know.

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

I don't do auctions, but you are supposed to get 8 free relists with them, if you qualify. If you dont tick THAT box, they shouldn't relist. Unless the rules have changed.

You could always manage your listings, or not list as many.

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

Auctions don't normally use up free listings or charge insertion fees when automatically relisting, regardless of the checkbox saying that fees may apply for each relist.

The only items which take up a listing every time they renew are Good 'til Cancelled. I have 380+ items listed (auctions and GTC) right now without a store account and don't get charged a cent, even though items are relisting on a daily basis.

If I was stuck with literally 40 listings every month it wouldn't be even worth trying to list anything that didn't sell for at least $30 the first time every time due to the $1.65 fees that would pop up. If automatically-relisted auctions (not GTC) are taking up free listings on your account then there's something seriously wrong, especially if you aren't making five figures.
Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

Interesting…. so I have been reading more of the fine print, so I will give Ebay another go. As a novice, it gets pretty complicated and I appreciated your comments.

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

Not the question that was asked.

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

So Ebay is staging the whole conversation now, just to try to convince the world they aren't absolute **bleep**. How quaint!

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply