how long does ebay hold your money for ? Cant seem to find an acurate answer

I used to run an ebay store 10+ years ago had 900+ positive feedback got sick of the drama with paypal, then my email address and bank account where hacked so I stopped using ebay. Im starting from scratch and cant seem to find an answer on how long ebay holds all my money. Ive sold 2 things so far they arrived earlier than expected, the customers where thrilled and I got positive feedback. No one at ebay after 4 live chats can tell me how many happy customers I need, if there is a time line , or an amount of feedback I need before they stop holding every cent including postage for 14 days. I really need the money and im about to list more but if I listed 100 things and have to pay the shipping on every item then wait for the money im in deep trouble. If its a long period before im deemed worthy. I need to only list a few very high value items. Im only looking for an appoximate not a hard rule

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: how long does ebay hold your money for ? Cant seem to find an acurate answer

@thephant49, a LOT has changed with selling on eBay during the last few years.

You’ll be considered a new seller, and that involves a hold of 21 days… but …

… You must be signed up with Managed Payments; sellers no longer receive payments into a PayPal account and cannot pay their fees as they did in the past. Fees are now deducted from payments.

You’ll need to do two things before you should even think of selling currently:

•  verify your bank account, and 

• verify your identity.

See this thread where I explain in detail: https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Buying/closing-payment-and-ebay-account/m-p/2487697#M128876

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Re: how long does ebay hold your money for ? Cant seem to find an acurate answer

Thanks everyone , its all been sorted out

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply