how long does ebay hold your money for ? Cant seem to find an acurate answer

I used to run an ebay store 10+ years ago had 900+ positive feedback got sick of the drama with paypal, then my email address and bank account where hacked so I stopped using ebay. Im starting from scratch and cant seem to find an answer on how long ebay holds all my money. Ive sold 2 things so far they arrived earlier than expected, the customers where thrilled and I got positive feedback. No one at ebay after 4 live chats can tell me how many happy customers I need, if there is a time line , or an amount of feedback I need before they stop holding every cent including postage for 14 days. I really need the money and im about to list more but if I listed 100 things and have to pay the shipping on every item then wait for the money im in deep trouble. If its a long period before im deemed worthy. I need to only list a few very high value items. Im only looking for an appoximate not a hard rule

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@thephant49, a LOT has changed with selling on eBay during the last few years.

Youโ€™ll be considered a new seller, and that involves a hold of 21 daysโ€ฆ but โ€ฆ

โ€ฆ You must be signed up with Managed Payments; sellers no longer receive payments into a PayPal account and cannot pay their fees as they did in the past. Fees are now deducted from payments.

Youโ€™ll need to do two things before you should even think of selling currently:

โ€ข  verify your bank account, and 

โ€ข verify your identity.

See this thread where I explain in detail: https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Buying/closing-payment-and-ebay-account/m-p/2487697#M128876

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Thanks everyone , its all been sorted out

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply