how to retrieve buyer phone number after paypal payment is made?

ozoom
Community Member

Hi can someone tell me how to retrieve buyer's phone number after invoice is paid?

I know phone number is on the invoice but after it is paid ebay hides the phone number from "order details" and it's no way to be found... I need the number to make booking with the courier compnay....

can someone help??

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: how to retrieve buyer phone number after paypal payment is made?

You are probably right about click and send but I don't use clcik and send at all so I cannot verify. I am stuck because many buyers pay for the goods immediately and that's when the phone number gets hidden.

I don't understand the logic in ebay and why ebay thinks it is a good idea to hide the phone number when it was originally available in the unpaid invoice but not on the Order Details page (after payment).

To ask the buyer for a phone number is not effective and you may not get an answer and it causes lots of delay in posting, and buyer would also think their ph number is already on ebay record and why the heck you would ask them for the ph number again. Then you have to explain things once again.
Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

Just to repeat:   ebay allows you to access a buyers phone number using FIND CONTACT INFORMATION

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/ebayadvsearch?_sofindtype=9

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

I have just checked on a couple of my ids and when I click on the dollar sign in SM the buyer details show including the phone number. It is even there on transactions I have archived.

Of course buyers can choose not to have their phone number displayed but I find it rare and as stated (twice) you can get it through advanced search.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

If you're registered for C&S & it's linked to ebay...process the item as normal.
Use any type of postage as you're not going to complete the payment for the label.

When you've got the item in the C&S cart you should be able to see the phone number before you have to pay for the label.
Then when you've got the phone number - delete the label before payment Woman Happy

I just checked a transaction that I've got in my C&S cart & the phone number is there.

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

sigh.... why go to all that trouble, when ebay just give you the number for free?

Message 15 of 15
Latest reply