i have preferences set to block bidders with 2 strikes but she was still able to bid - how?

vivacaj
Community Member

A serial non payer was able to bid on my item despite the fact that I have my preferences set to block bidders with 2 strikes for unpaid items. How can this happen? Surely all the sellers before me opened cases against her and didn't just relist without claiming sellers fees back.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: i have preferences set to block bidders with 2 strikes but she was still able to bid - how?

You would be surprised how many sellers do just that.  Many dont know and many just cant be bothered.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Re: i have preferences set to block bidders with 2 strikes but she was still able to bid - how?

Have you set it to block 2 strikes in one month or 2 strikes in 12 months ?

Also strikes drop off after 12 months.

And as dreams said, many sellers don't bother to do unpaid cases for non payers.

It would make it easier for others if they did.

image host
Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Make sure your block is for 12 months. That's the tightest you can have. I'm assuming you know she's a serial pest because of feedback sellers have left? It's astounding how many sellers will just leave a false positive comment. Some can't be bothered with a dispute, many don't know you can actually open a dispute. Then they complain about paying fees for items they haven't really sold.

Make sure you add this pest to your blocked bidder list, so she can't get around your blocks again.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply