$i listings

I received a promotion this morning for free listing with $1 fvf starts today finishes 31/12/2099,but when I accepted it says its just for today.I thought they were giving me lifelong free listings lol.

Message 1 of 33
Latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Re: $i listings

Normal freebies (40 per month) have never changed when i have used the $1 promo in the past so not linked to them at all...but wont let you use the normal 40 when this offer is accepted.

Message 21 of 33
Latest reply

prehaps they are meaning that the promotion does not appy to insertion fees as in will not be charged $1 insertion fees?  As it doesnt actually state standard insertion fees still apply? But it worries me that even though when listing says $0.00 they might jib me at some point in the future!

Message 22 of 33
Latest reply

@loveofstuffwrote:

prehaps they are meaning that the promotion does not appy to insertion fees as in will not be charged $1 insertion fees?  As it doesnt actually state standard insertion fees still apply? But it worries me that even though when listing says $0.00 they might jib me at some point in the future!

If they don't charge you at the time you list them they can't charge you later and it's unlikely they'd try to.  Legally, you can't sell something to someone for $X and then ask for extra money later, so ebay can't have $0 listing fees showing when you list and then ask you for money later.

It's unfortunate that people have contacted ebay because people might have got unlimited listings for a few days before they woke up.  Note that I said 'might have'.  It seems they've really messed up on this one but I'd suggest go for it while it still works!  In the past they've always honoured it when people have listed for free because of a malfunction.  I remember when ordinary sellers only got 30 freebies a month but once the counter stuck and it was possible to use a lot more than 30.  

Message 23 of 33
Latest reply

Im hoping though that the only glitch is that it is being applied today and should only work on Sundays. I don't think the free listing part is a glitch as it has always been like this under this promotion, so hopefully they don't start charging - its been around for ages so Im guessing they have had lots of queries about that in the past. Would just be nice to know every Sunday is the day to list items over $10 but have the regular 40 free listings for items under $10!
Message 24 of 33
Latest reply

allmost fell off my chair after accepting and seeing the end date of 2099!

will be interesting if they get challenged by the ombudsman

Message 25 of 33
Latest reply

just noticed the tracking viewer isnt working, must be stuff up friday

Message 26 of 33
Latest reply

Yes, we accepted the offer an hour or so ago on another id, but hadn't got around to listing anything yet.

Just checked again & it's gone, so it was obviously a mistake which they corrected after it was brought to their attention.

Good luck to those who managed to list a few things before it disappeared, wish we'd been as quick. 🙂
Message 27 of 33
Latest reply

If you mean the counter, when it's unlimited it usually doesn't show how many you've used. But if it's disappeared now then it's not going to show anything anyway.

The clause that ebay can withdraw it at any time covers them with the ombudsman.

Message 28 of 33
Latest reply

@loveofstuffwrote:
Im hoping though that the only glitch is that it is being applied today and should only work on Sundays. I don't think the free listing part is a glitch as it has always been like this under this promotion, so hopefully they don't start charging - its been around for ages so Im guessing they have had lots of queries about that in the past. Would just be nice to know every Sunday is the day to list items over $10 but have the regular 40 free listings for items under $10!

The $1 (plus gst of 10c) is only the maximum charge.  You can still list items under $10 and be charged your normal selling fees with this sort of promo.

Message 29 of 33
Latest reply

i ment the tracking viewer where after you post an item you can click on the number and see where the item is during delivery, it wasnt working when i posted the comment. just said to try again later.

Message 30 of 33
Latest reply