$i listings

I received a promotion this morning for free listing with $1 fvf starts today finishes 31/12/2099,but when I accepted it says its just for today.I thought they were giving me lifelong free listings lol.

Message 1 of 33
Latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

$i listings

If you read the terms and conditions it says for Super Sunday for one day only most confusing. So is it valid only this Sunday or for ever?????????

Message 2 of 33
Latest reply

$i listings

https://www.rsvp.ebay.com.au/rsvp/signup/6135

This is the link for anyone who wants to try it.  Just be aware that in the terms and conditions it says you have to list on Sunday and the heading across the top says Super Sunday - but it ain't Sunday yet!  

The date showing after I accepted it was still 31/12/2099 for the end date but the terms do say they can withdraw the offer at any time, so check your fees when you're listing.

Message 3 of 33
Latest reply

$i listings

Well for me it says for 1 day only, but says up until 31/12/99 23:59:59, and still says that when I accept it. I've done 3 listings on it and it came off the $1 offer as it usually does (on a Sunday).

Message 4 of 33
Latest reply

$i listings

It's my understanding, confirmed in a call to ebay this morning, that (despite the use of the words "List as many items for free" in the Promo offer on My Ebay), you still have to pay the insertion fees.

The T&C state, inter alia, "The promotion does not apply to Insertion Fees".

Message 5 of 33
Latest reply

$i listings

I have read the promotions T & C's and No where can i see it says Listing Fees apply. Also if they apply it must be False Advertising as List for Free in the Promotion means no Listing Fees surely.

Message 6 of 33
Latest reply

$i listings

The promo offer in My Ebay says:

1 Day Only: Pay $1 When you Sell!

List as many items for free & only pay $1 in Final Value Fees per item. Learn More

The T&C states

• Pay a maximum of $1 in Final Value Fees for any items you list and make available for purchase in a single category during the Promotion Period (see exclusions below).
  • Final Value Fees are the selling fees charged on sale of an item, calculated as a percentage of your total sale price.  The promotion does not apply to Insertion Fees, fees for optional features or upgrades or any other fees that may be applicable.

The embolding is mine.

I was confused by the seeming contradiction, so I rang ebay, and they (she) confirmed that Insertion Fees do apply.

Message 7 of 33
Latest reply

$i listings

So It's Clearly a Case of False advertising on Ebays behalf if they charge you Fees regardless of what some of the T & C's say. The offer states List as Many items for Free and Pay a Max $1 before you accept. So they have changed the promotion Offer after you have accepted.

1 Day Only: Pay $1 When you Sell!

List as many items for free and only pay $1 in Final Value Fees per item

Message 8 of 33
Latest reply

$i listings

I have listed 10 items and listing fees say $0.00 says only pay $1 fvf.

Message 9 of 33
Latest reply

$i listings

Me too. No insertion fees.

Message 10 of 33
Latest reply