i want to sell items with combined postage but I have included the postage in the price.

Can I adjust the invoice before they pay for it?
Or, do i need to list the postage seperate?

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

i want to sell items with combined postage but I have included the postage in the price.

Just keep the free postage.

It's easier for a new seller methinks

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Say for example all your items have $8 postage and a buyer buys 3 things. If all 3 items come in under 500g combined, you can send them an invoice and change the total postage cost to $8. Just make sure when you adjust the invoice, DO NOT hit recalculate as it reverts it back to the original amount.

If the 3 items are say 700g total combined, you can adjust the invoice to reflect what it would cost to post for a package between 500g and 1kg (often a 3kg satchel is cheaper so worth considering when you're working the postage out).

If I see that a buyer has bid on multiple items, as soon as they've won the first one I send a message asking them to hold off paying until they have finished buying so all their items can be sent together and they will save on postage costs. Obviously you can't do that with buy it now items.

If a buyer pays for each item separately, they really should be sent separately so you don't lose your seller protection.

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

You have free postage.

There's nothing to combine

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

You have free postage.

There's nothing to combine

Doeth! I should have checked the listings!

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

Typing all that would have kept you off the streets and safe, Tippy    lmao smiley.gif

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

I tend to think this may be the best option, i dont want to go through the hassle of adding postage for each item.

Do you think people will be upset if I put it as all free postage and not discount for combined postage?

All my items are buy it now.

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

Just keep the free postage.

It's easier for a new seller methinks

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

Provided you send everything in separate parcels, sure.

Otherwise you might have some disgruntled buyers.

Hassle? Providing the best postage option if buyers actually wait for an invoice? Great customer service there. And including postage in the price would entail editing ALL your items when postage goes up. Usually every 6 months. Calculated postage (for parcels) can be set to calculated and a month or so after AP raises their prices, eBay will automatically raise yours.

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

Having free postage does save a lot of dramas, especially when you're still learning the ropes. It means that buyers can pay when they've bought without having to wait for an invoice if they've bought multiple items.

One of the downsides to having free postage is, if you accept a return for change of mind, you have to refund the full amount. If you had a postage cost, you'd only refund the purchase price. If you don't accept returns for change of mind, then it's a non issue. That said, if one buyer buys 3 items and another buys one item and the one item buyer wants to return it for change of mind, even though you've had to refund the full amount, you've more than made up for the loss from the buyer who bought multiple things. Swings and roundabouts.

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

Hi Stawks! Hello

I was safe and off the streets today after working a 14 hour shift, locked in a room with no windows. No chance of any roaming tonight on my jelly legs. I'm so tired I'm ready to face plant the keyboard.

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply