invoice .. I was billed $114 from ebay this month. I thought they took a % from each sale ?

I thought ebay took a precentage from each sale as they got paid and before ebay paid into my bank account. So why did I get billed $114? . I understand I pay about $60 for my store, but whats the rest for?. I cant even click on it to find out the breakdown

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: invoice .. I was billed $114 from ebay this month. I thought they took a % from each sale ?

you paid for opening a store and allows to have certain listings per month

and you paid the "insertion fee" for each sale you make thru ebay

you also pay paypal fees

depends on the promotion, you may get free insertion fees

paypal takes their fee before going to your account but ebay charge their fees afterwards

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Re: invoice .. I was billed $114 from ebay this month. I thought they took a % from each sale ?

When were you moved to MP?

There could be residual fees from sales made prior to that, depending on the timeframe.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

It is unlikely there were any insertion fees. The store is $60.45.

Paypal fees are charged by Paypal, not eBay. With MP, which the OP seems to be on, eBay take the fees at POS and there are NO Paypal fees, or any monthly sales fees.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

there is provision to click the invoice and see the breakdown.   Click into the invoice and try again.

Did you use the ebay postage labels?

A bit off topic:  What's with the $155 you charge for postage?

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

I dont use PayPal anymore. eBay have taken over payments form PayPal. 

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

I have only just started relisting in the last 2 months. I took a few months break during covid. 

this is my second invoice from them, the last one just had my subscription fees . As they pay daily into my bank ,I thought they took their fees as they go then I would just be left with the subscription fees. 

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

I am not able to click on the invoice tab 😞 . I have never charged $155 for postage lol . Usually my postage is $5.50 🙂

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

I know - but you need to do an edit, methinksSmiley Happy

for example:  eBay item number:

155.JPG
Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

And invoice details must be available - that's the rule - have you tried going in through seller hub?

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply