is feedback finished?

Each month less and less people bother to leave feedback.

ebay is more willing to remove feedback now than ever before. 

Buyers can only receive positive.

Sellers with terrible feedback still get purchased from.

etc etc etc

It just doesn't seem to be as important as it once was and millions of people happily shop on websites, that have no feedback system, every day.

Has the usefulness of feedback, in its present state, had its run?

Personally I would like it changed to a transaction count for both buyers and sellers.

Buyers would rate a transaction (possibly with a rank out of 10) and the seller would receive an overall satisfaction rating garnered from an average of all rankings.

It would be quick and should be compulsory.

Buyers pages would show the average satisfaction rating left for others.

Buyers could opt out of seeing items in searches from sellers whose rankings fall below a set level and sellers could block buyers who left rankings below their desired level.

The comments can go altogether. Sellers would not rate buyers at all.

What do you think? Has feedback had its run? How would you change it?

Message 1 of 82
Latest reply
81 REPLIES 81

Re: is feedback finished?

@pinktoedannie wrote:

I was not alive back then either but have a fair idea of what it was like from hearsay. 

I feel Ebay treats members a bit like schoolkids were treated back then.  Like little scallywags with no mind of their own. 

On one hand babying buyers, on the other hand slapping down sellers .. changing the rules desperately everytime they think it's running out of control - or based on surveys that only the complainers bother to fill in ... effectively punishing people who have done no wrong based on the few who abuse the system. 

Rather than rely on hearsay you might ask a few people who were at school 50 years ago. 

I had completed my final year of high school 50 years ago and was never hit over the knuckles with a ruler and not treated like a little scallywag with no mind of my own.

But I did learn to take responsibility for my own actions and respect other people....both of which seem to be lacking in the younger ebayers.

I would hazard a guess that if a survey was done of the ages of the serial non-payers and neg givers they would be of the younger generation...same with the rotton sellers.

Message 81 of 82
Latest reply

Re: is feedback finished?

do people actually do those surveys?

LOLOL

I get sent one everytime I have to ring em about something

The last time I rang them about 2 weeks ago, I was having tech issues not related to the forums, and a supervisor told me I needed to contact the tech team at LIVE WORLD!

This was 2 weeks ago!

Then they sent me a survey

"how did we do?"

ROFL

I just hit and delete em

and then there's the reminders, just in case I forgot LOL

but I love the line "we value your opinion"

sure....

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 82 of 82
Latest reply