is this a con?

buyer buys my item, i send it to his PO Box.

with tracking.

it was showing it was delivered to his PO Box at 6:59am today awaiting collection.

i presume that means the box being too big for his PO Box it was carded for pickup inside the PO.

now the guy is claiming he didnt collect it, someone else must have.!!!

how do i handle this?

Message 1 of 45
Latest reply
44 REPLIES 44

Re: is this a con?

in addition to everyone elses comments - should the buyer still claim that he/she doesn't have the item after all of that, i'd be fighting this to the death. whatever you do, don't refund him/her.

this is about as a secure of a delivery as you can get. if it's showing as "delivered" - i can't see how ebay or PayPal wouldn't side with you, though, funnier things have happened. 

also as others have said, i don't have to show ID to get stuff collected from my PO box when it's carded, but that's because i'm always in there and all the staff know me. i'd assume it's the case with most of their PO box customers - but if they do have any doubts - ie, there's a new worker there, i generally get asked for ID. 

Message 11 of 45
Latest reply

Some of you have it made at your PO lol I have known and know the workers at my PO but if I come in with a card I still get asked for ID because that is what the PO has to do even if they know you personally.

Message 12 of 45
Latest reply

I can think of a couple of explanations.

1. It was carded in the wrong box, the owner of which collected it and marched off with it.

2. It was carded correctly, but the owner of another box also had a carded delivery, and the PO staff gave him the wrong parcel when he presented his card.

More information is needed from the buyer as to what happened when he went to his box, and what happened after that.

Message 13 of 45
Latest reply

i do know the usual way post offices handle packages and post boxes as i had a post box for many years before moving to the seaside.

so the card in the box telling me i needed to collect a parcel from over the counter is something i'm very familiar with.

thats why i'm scratching my head with this.

perhaps if i take my reciept to my post office and talk to them about the guys claim and let them handle it?

i'm not sure me calling the guys Post Office would do anygood as they would most likely say they cant tell me anything because of privacy laws.

Message 14 of 45
Latest reply

Did it have to be signed for?

If it didn't then perhaps they did collect it and didn't have to show ID and due to that they think they can get away with it?

And with the tracking perhaps it never got scanned as delivered to him?

Message 15 of 45
Latest reply

no signature

it was in a prepaid 3kg satchel.

with tracking as previously mentioned.

Message 16 of 45
Latest reply

Has he said what actually happened when he went to his box, ie was there a card, or just nothing, or what?
Message 17 of 45
Latest reply

his message

hello ,pick up parcel ,but have left it in a shopping center ,somebody ,took the box ,so are they numbered in any way
Message 18 of 45
Latest reply

There was a story a while ago of a person who put in a heap of complaints of Item Not Received. The investigation showed the PO lady (at the tiddly town) knew the recipient and so was just handing the parcels over with no signature collected as had been done for everyone since the dawn of time.

The recipient was out and out a thief but the PO lady got in trouble for not following procedure and collecting signatures, which meant there was no proof the buyer had actually received the parcels. The PO lady's word was not enough. From then on everything was by the book for everyone. I can't remember what happened to the recipient, though.

Message 19 of 45
Latest reply

Your buyers message makes zero sense. 

It can be interpreted in a number of different ways.

At first glance I understood it to mean that he picked up the parcel, left it in a shopping center (by accident) and somebody else took it?

Message 20 of 45
Latest reply