laughable ebay logic

This happened to a seller in USA who is a friend of mine, buyer is in Australia.

Before Christmas he sold an item to a buyer in QLD, then yesterday buyer left him a negative feedback said the item was never received.

There was a tracking # for the parcel, but it is not traceable on Auspost website.

Some of you may not know, Auspost doesn't provide any tracking service for most flat-rate international parcels; even there is a tracking label attached, they won't bother to scan it during transit, but only scan once upon delivery.

Since I live in Sydney, my friend asked me to help contact Auspost.

I opened an inquiry with them, soon after, they called me and also sent me an email, confirmed that the parcel has in fact been delivered on the 30th of Dec.

I forwarded the email to my friend, he then forwarded it to ebay customer support; 30mins later, neg removed.

Happy ending right?

Nah.

Shortly after feedback removal, buyer opened an "item not received" case.

Any logical person would believe that such case won't last long, because ebay has already received the evidence, just one more phone call to them then case would be closed at seller's favor, right? RIGHT?

But guess what, they actually refused to close the case !!

What a nonsense.

Oh yes, thanks for your evidence, we can see that parcel has been delivered and we will remove feedback for you.

But NO, even though we know that parcel has been delivered, we will not close this case at your favor.

@#$@$#$!$ !!

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: laughable ebay logic

saarzi
Community Member

Id take the results of the inquiry, upload a copy of it to your Ebay email, and CALL ebay and speak to a supervisor, and show it to them.

I assume you already did that?  If you havent, in Ebays eyes theres no proof because you havent showed it to them. I wouldnt just take some randoms word.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Re: laughable ebay logic

@saarzi wrote:

Id take the results of the inquiry, upload a copy of it to your Ebay email, and CALL ebay and speak to a supervisor, and show it to them.

I assume you already did that?  If you havent, in Ebays eyes theres no proof because you havent showed it to them. I wouldnt just take some randoms word.

It might be better if the SELLER did that, rather than his mate. Did you actually read the novel, or just scan?

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply