listing limit on new account ?

Hi all

I was trying to setup a new business account.

It currently only allows me to list 30 items per month; if I remember correctly the number should go up to 100 after credit card is put on file, right?

What if I open a store now, would the listing limit goes over 100 immediately?

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I believe you have to put a credit or debit card on file to open a store, and that should see your limits raised to the standard 100 / $7500. You can also try phoning eBay if the 100 item limit isn't enough - sometimes a seller with an established track record will be granted higher limits on a new ID.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

The phone thing works well. I started a new selling account 12 months ago and phoned CS to have the selling limits raised. ( before I had listed or sold anything ) It was no problem at all and recieved much higher limit than I could use. CS checked out  my previous history on other accounts and offered one limit. When I said that would not be enough they just gave me a bit of a silly figure ( a bit like their 10,000 free listings in four days that they hand out. ) Good luck with the new store.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Thanks for your replies

😄

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

If you click on the link to increase selling limits it will give you the option of confirming an existing account with sufficient feedback etc. Once you do that your limit will be increased to, from memory, 100 items, can't remember the dollar amount.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

It's generally 100 items or $7,500 whichever comes first, although ebay will increase those limits on request once a good selling record has been established and maintained.
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply