listing violation for using "like Dr Martens"

I have had a listing removed as I had put "like Dr Martens" in the listing - I'm fine with that if thats the rule, however I was looking at other listings and found one that said similar to Doc Martens - how is this different?

thanks

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: listing violation for using "like Dr Martens"

Coco Chanel  was an example - pure and simple of no interest to me - I am not complaining I am stating the  facts

"CHANEL, the international luxury goods company, was founded in France by Gabrielle
โ€œCocoโ€ Chanel in 1911 and continues as one of the worldโ€™s preeminent fashion houses.  "  extacted from Ebay policy (VeRo) 

Message 21 of 28
Latest reply

Took a quick look at Coco Chanel listings,  what are you saying is wrong with them, I couldnt see anything that said they were like or similiar.

Message 22 of 28
Latest reply

"Q: Why can't I use the word "CHANEL" in my auction heading even though I am not selling a
CHANEL item?
A: It is misleading and impermissible to use the word "CHANEL" when there is no legitimate
connection between the goods sold and the use of the name. "

Message 23 of 28
Latest reply

I must be getting different ads up on my search, all the ones I see are chanel products.

Message 24 of 28
Latest reply

search  Chanel prints or  chanel wall prints

Message 25 of 28
Latest reply

Anyhow the point is it's up to Chanel to report the issue,   if you have such a concern,  talk to the seller or Chanel,  it's not something us forum readers can help you with

Message 26 of 28
Latest reply

Yes I know that, we covered that quite a few questions ago but you keep asking me questions and I feel it is rude not to respond. I don't have any real concerns but just stating facts

Message 27 of 28
Latest reply

ok are you happy if I stop asking questions?

Message 28 of 28
Latest reply