listing violation for using "like Dr Martens"

I have had a listing removed as I had put "like Dr Martens" in the listing - I'm fine with that if thats the rule, however I was looking at other listings and found one that said similar to Doc Martens - how is this different?

thanks

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

This is not  always true,  if you search  -  coco chanel prints - none of these prints are by chanel but they remain on eBay

Message 11 of 28
Latest reply

If you took the time to read the Ebay policy (VeRo) on this,  you may understand why they may still be there.  

Message 12 of 28
Latest reply

I have read it, but it only removes eBay responsibility while  still making money from copyright infringement.

Message 13 of 28
Latest reply

I guess if you havent read it properly, that view could be taken.   But at the end of the day it is up to the copywrite owner to raise the concerns,  if they notify Ebay they act.

Message 14 of 28
Latest reply

I understand it is the copywrite owner to raise the concerns, but don't we all have a responsibility. Ignoring something that is illegal doesn't make it right.

Message 15 of 28
Latest reply

I agree, it is everyone's responsibility,  talk to the sellers who are doing it illegally, Ebay is just a listing service,  don't blame them for sellers doing the wrong thing.   We are all individual sellers,

Message 16 of 28
Latest reply

So by that I take it you have contacted at least of the brands in question and made them aware of the sellers who are using eBay to use the brand's name/product/etc illegally ?

What did they say? 

Message 17 of 28
Latest reply

I don't have a problem contacting eBay , but I don't believe I should or would feel comfortable contacting sellers to talk to the sellers about their listings.

Message 18 of 28
Latest reply

Yes I have , and discussed  purchasing a commercial license to use graphics.

Message 19 of 28
Latest reply

2021-08-13 (5).png

And therein lies the problem,  Ebay can't just go and remove all the listing which infringe someones copyright, without the copywrite owners request.   They have some agreements with copywrite owners, which they do automatic sweeps for.

But as an example I don't have an agreement with them in regards to my copywrite items,  so they cant just go and delete every listing which breaches my copywrite.    It is up to me to either contact the seller or request Ebay to do it for me.

Ebay cannot know the status of every copywrite that people infringe on here,  or who has license's to use the copywrite.   For all we know the people you are complaining about have approached the copywrite owner and received their agreement, you don't know, Ebay don't know,   only the copywrite owner knows.

So using you example of Coco- chanel (never heard of them),  Ebat could remove all the listings,  but the people may have an agreement with coco chanel, and Ebay would then be in trouble with the seller.

Copywrite isnt a one size fits all deal

Message 20 of 28
Latest reply