listings when you are going away

I am a hobby seller going away for a couple of weeks. I understand that as I do not have a store I just have to end all my listings if I want to stop selling during this period. Just wanting to double check this is my only option as far as eveyone is aware. I know stores have the ability to "shut" and leave the listings dormant. I thought I would check as there have been a few other changes recently that have not been announced.  

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I'm in a similar situation, and as far as I have been able to determine, without a store you have to end all listings. This can be done in bulk.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Yes, the only way is to end or your listings, or if you don't want to end them all, increase the price to an unsaleable amount so no-one will buy them. Then when you return, you can revise the price back to what you want them.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

The problem with increasing the price to a ridiculous amount is that buyers will see that and assume that the seller is a shonk and a charlatan and will decide to report the listings/seller to ebay.

Buyers who make assumptions and jump to conclusions can cause havoc when there is no justification for it at all.

I have seen DVD sellers increase the price of a single set to $999.99....obviously they are out of stock.  If the seller had done it with every listing I would be rather suspicious of their motives.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Whenever I have to go away for an extended period of time, I just add on to my listing descriptions - in big red font - a message about my going away, when I'll be back and that I won't be able to post any items should people decide to purhase them during that specific time.

I've never had a problem with it. Many people have purchased during my away dates and I've never come back to harassing messages.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

But if you send by parcel, you WILL get late delivery defects unless you also increase your handling time to cover the absence.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply