looking for oversea ebay seller to sell my product

Hello

I am wanting to find sellers on other international ebay sites eg UK, Germany, USA to sell my products. 

Can someoneplease tell me how I go about looking for distributors as such in other countries/ebay sites?

Do I post an ad on the community board to ask for inquiry?  Are there things that I should be aware of and what to be aware of as far as cons/fraudulant sellers?

Your advice/help in guiding me is very much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Kim

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: looking for oversea ebay seller to sell my product

@imastawka wrote:

Also in that link I provided is this -

Allowed

• A brand name can be mentioned in a listing, as long as the item is authentically branded with that brand or product name

• A celebrity name can be included in a listing, as long as the celebrity created, officially endorsed, owned or signed the item. You can also mention celebrities if they're depicted in the item for sale, such as on posters or photos.

• For homemade items, be sure to:

• Use the words "made with" to describe a brand-name product that you used in creating your item.
      For example, if you're offering curtains made from Pottery Barn fabric, you can describe them as "homemade curtains made with Pottery Barn fabric".

• Use the words "made for" or "fits" to describe how your item is used for a brand-name product.
      For example, if you are selling homemade clothes for Barbie dolls, you can describe them as "clothes made for Barbie dolls".

Looks like I'm behind the times again. Smiley Embarassed (Sorry for the misinformation, it wasn't that long ago this was expressly forbidden - it's interesting they chose "Barbie", because I know of a few sellers who sold handmade clothing to fit Barbies that were continually getting policy violations and listings ended for mentioning 'Barbie' anywhere in the listing). 

Message 21 of 24
Latest reply

You and me both! It certainly opens the door for the Chinese (not that they ever cop violations for blatant breaches).

I also apologise for the misinformation. I think if the OP changes the brand name in the item specifics to her own brand name, instead of the brand it fits, then mentions it fits whatever brand, then they should be right (just cross your fingers with the Garmin things because they are a member of VeRO).

I know it's up to us as sellers to keep up to date with rules and regulations, but a big change like this should really see an announcement of some kind. There are a lot of rules for us to keep up with and something like this one is quite significant. If we had to keep reading every policy to check for changes, we'd never have time for anything else!

Message 22 of 24
Latest reply

Well they would had to change that rule look at all the generic phone accesories out there to fit iPhone, Samsung, HTC ect, also when listing these under item specifics you can select brand name of the product and also to fit eg Samsung S7 ect.

And that would have meant Ebay would have closed its doors to a massive market.

Message 23 of 24
Latest reply

what products you selling and where is your warehouse?

good to know to help

Message 24 of 24
Latest reply