my buyer has a false shipping address

I have had buyers who have false shipping addresses. I send the shipping quote via invoice and when it comes to shipping the item the address is actually a completely different country where shipping is usually higher. I refunded a recent buyer's payment because of this and they gave me negative feedback. The quote was for the US and the shipping address was near Germany and about $10 more in postage,

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: my buyer has a false shipping address

all I can add is:

slr - Single Lens Reflex

Message 11 of 18
Latest reply

and your question is?

Message 12 of 18
Latest reply

Spoiler
oh oh = look out, another rude poster
Message 13 of 18
Latest reply

@k1ooo-slr-sales wrote:

all I can add is:

slr - Single Lens Reflex

slr - Self Loading Rifle. Yeah, nothing confusing about acronyms.

Message 14 of 18
Latest reply

short answer is

If you have stated in correspondnce that shipping quote is to US you can appeal to ebay to remove any fb referring to shipping cost as the evidence is there.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 15 of 18
Latest reply

@gkam2 wrote:

@k1ooo-slr-sales wrote:

all I can add is:

slr - Single Lens Reflex

slr - Self Loading Rifle. Yeah, nothing confusing about acronyms.

k1000 slr is a camera. I don't think the rifle has a k1000 prefix. So it is useful to apply acronyms in context.

Message 16 of 18
Latest reply

@yearningsforyesteryear wrote:

I have had buyers who have false shipping addresses. I send the shipping quote via invoice and when it comes to shipping the item the address is actually a completely different country where shipping is usually higher. I refunded a recent buyer's payment because of this and they gave me negative feedback. The quote was for the US and the shipping address was near Germany and about $10 more in postage,

***Disclaimer** I'm not an eBay staff member, and I could be wrong...

-But- I was always given to believe that someone can not pay unless they have been invoiced for shipping to their postal address. By which I mean, if you send an invoice, the ship-to location appears on the order details before you click to send it, and so if a buyer then clicks 'Pay Now' and changes the ship-to address to a completely different location / country, they no longer have a postage quote (unless one was specified in the listing to that destination) and should not be able to pay. 

If I'm right, then I would just advise to double-check the order details before you issue an invoice, if I'm wrong, then I can only advise to contact eBay about the issue (members changing delivery addresses and still being able to pay when they have not actually received a shipping quote / invoice for their postal address), which you can do via the Customer Support tab > Contact eBay.

Message 17 of 18
Latest reply

you gave them a positive fb for quick payment, without noticing that the shipping address was Belarus and not USA? why

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 18 of 18
Latest reply