my opinion about buyers beeing "too protected"

Hello, since sellers are not allowed to leave negative feedback to any buyers even if a lot of them deserve this rating, I think ebay should adjust the website so that any buyer that receives a refund is NOT ABLE to leave ANY feedback to the seller. 

I had issues with many buyers that have claimed not receiving items and subsequently asking for refunds (in most cases I had the tracking proving the item had been posted or delivered, but ebay still sided with them) and not only did they get the item and keep their money but they also had the privilege of leaving me a negative feedback. 

I feel that if a transaction ends with a refund, the buyer should NOT be entitled in ANY WAY to leave feedback.  Just a like a non paying buyer is not allowed to leave feedback, so should a buyer that receives a full refund.  PLEASE MAKE THIS CHANGE as your website is literally 100% in the buyer's favour.  They are in control and us sellers have no privileges or protection, we cop it from every end of the stick.

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

spot on somebody with some common sence.

Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

There should be a detailed buyers rating and scoreboard.

Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Unfortunately viva,  you are not contacting ebay here.

The people here are members just like yourself.

Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

hi there imastawka i have also sent this through to ebay as a suggestion.. all of you feel free to send it as well.. maybe they will actually listen.........
Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

@vivagifts wrote:
hi there imastawka i have also sent this through to ebay as a suggestion.. all of you feel free to send it as well.. maybe they will actually listen.........

Not if history serves as any indication! Still, we live in hope.

Cheers,

Marina.

Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

It is ridiculous.  There has to be someone out there willing to create a similar site but with fair policies.

Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

where is Pierre someone call him, tell him what's going on?
Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

who is Pierre?

Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

Disagree, dodgy sellers can then be tempted to send out rubbish, and if there is a complaint refund and hence guarded against anyone knowing they send out rubbish. playing the odds game that most buyers wont complain.

If you send out rubbish, and buyer then has to chase you for a refund, then how can it be said to be a postive experience.

I get your sentiment but it would reduce the gap between quality sellers and dodgy ones.

The stats that used to escalate with two way blackmailing over feedback where frankly horrendous, and they made the whole place look dodgy. Given buyer fb serves no purpose I dont want negging buyers brought back.

However the ease with which negs/defects can be left needs tightening up, contact first a must/auto defect and INR protection for tracked items etc.

The dumb tthing is Ebay want sellers to list higher value items, yet make it so risky to do so. I wont list anything know that I can't afford to lose the odd one occasionally.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 10 of 19
Latest reply