need help---click and collect

I received an order, when I checked the buyer's address, it shows as Big W. I think this means the buyer chose Click and Collect. I have been selling on eBay for 2 years, this is the first time buyer chose Click and Collect. My question is, should I send the item by the normal way? Must I offer tracking number? It is just a normal mail, which costs me $3 to post. It will make me lose money if added tracking on it. Have to send it in 2 days, can anybody let me know what to do? Thanks very much for your help.

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

It's up to you whether you want to be protected against possible claims or not.

It's the same if you were sending to the buyer direct. 

You don't normally use tracking ?

Except that Big W has been known to lose items.

image host
Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

The whole order is only $10, and it costs me $3 to post. Impossible to add tracking. But I read many articles about Big W losing items, which makes me worried...

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Thanks. I have read this, but just not very sure. So I just print the Big W address and the eCP code on the lable? No barcode or anything else? How does eBay know the item arrives at the store if no tracking? Sorry I have so many questions. 

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Click and Collect is for parcels, not letters.

Don't know about this time, but I would opt out of it if I were you.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Thanks. Before I have never thought about this until I received this order. I have opt out of it from all my listings half an hour ago. But I still need to send this one. I decided to send it by the eBay 500g satchel to avoid any accidents. Just paid for a lesson which I should know earlier.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

People use Click and Collect due to them not being home for delivery. As you had been using letter post I would have contacted them for a direct address due to the item being delivered in the letter box.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Thank you for your adivce. 

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply