negative comment removal

As a suggestion, good sellers like myself a veteran of over 10 years should have 1 neg feedback credit per month.

Message 1 of 30
Latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Re: negative comment removal

@theantennacompany wrote:

As a suggestion, good sellers like myself a veteran of over 10 years should have 1 neg feedback credit per month.

Well it's a good thing eBay doesn't read here.

Even if they did, your suggestion wouldn't be taken seriously ................for obvious reasons.

image host
Message 11 of 30
Latest reply

Not sure which of your ID's to reply to, so I'll pick this one. I have no idea why sellers think the world is over because they got a negative feedback. Most buyers don't even look at a seller's feedback, which is obvious by the 1,000's that Chinese sellers get every year, yet their sales continue to be through the roof. 

If it doesn't violate the feedback policies where you can get it removed, leave a polite, factual reply. No abuse, no name calling, no accusations. Then on the rare occasion a buyer does check your feedback, they can see that you are not going to turn into an ogre should there be an issue if they choose to buy from you. I have bought from many sellers with negs. I have also not bought from some because of their abusive, vile replies to the feedback. Doesn't instil any confidence.

Plus, it looks like you managed to get it removed, so that's a +1 for you. 

Message 12 of 30
Latest reply

@folosite wrote:

@

@springyzone wrote:

Feedback is there for a reason, it is supposed to be an independent opinion about a product or seller.

That's not really correct. Feedback has to be only about seller or transaction in general. Cannot be about product or shipping times.
If you read feedback policies it clearly states :

"Keep in mind that Feedback is about your experience with the seller – it's not a review of the product you bought."

For products you can go on product listing and leave a product review. Unfortunately eBay does not enforce it and does not remove feedback that is product related

I would say you too are only partially correct. Technically, I know (have often read) that feedback should only be about the transaction but I think shipping time frames can often legitimately come into the discussion. For example, if a seller didn't bother posting till well outside their advertised time frame, I think a buyer would be entitled to mention that. Postage time frames are of interest to other buyers.

From what I have noticed with feedback, ebay leaves a lot of comments about postage time/product opinions stand. They seem to have enabled it even more in recent months since they hugely expanded the amount of feedback a person can give.

As a buyer, I find some of the product comments can be helpful. In that spirit, I've often left comments about the quality of a product in my own feedback for sellers & as far as I know it has never been removed ( positive comments so not sure a seller would want positives removed anyway).

When it comes down to it, no matter what ebay policy is, many buyers use feedback as a quick way to comment on both the transaction and product and many definitely comment on how quickly or otherwise an item was posted off. If it is way out of order, no dount ebay will remove it but the majority of it stands. That's how customers like to leave their comments, if they leave them at all. You aren't going to get too many who leave feedback and then search around for a place to leave a separate product comment.

My main concern with this thread though was the idea that legitimate feedback could be routinely removed by a seller. Don't like the idea.

Message 13 of 30
Latest reply

By way of a PS.

Your post got me curious so i looked up my own feedback given to others and in quite a lot of them I talk about a product.

In one of the more recent feedbacks I gave, I was talking about a child's frock I bought second hand. I wrote that it was excellent quality and very clean. Now, that is 100% about the product but I see that as legitimate and helpful feedback because the seller at that time had a few second hand items on sale and to me, when you are buying something that is not new, espcially clothing, your worry could be about whether it is in as good condition as the ads says and if it is clean etc

So hearing from another buyer that their expectations were surpassed can be reassuring. If something is very clean, ironed and folded carefully, that's about both the item and seller actions, the edges smudge a bit sometimes.

Not saying I am necessarily right, just  that it's my philosophy behind some of the feedback I give.

Message 14 of 30
Latest reply

@folosite wrote:

Also, you should read the feedback policies, you might learn a thing or 2

I have read about feedback policies thank you, along with most of eBay's other policies over the years.

Clearly you haven't.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 15 of 30
Latest reply

And that from a person who had to post with their other ID to back up the comments made by their first ID when they failed to get the replies they wanted

Yah

Message 16 of 30
Latest reply

I'm currently searching for a BIG cyberstick Sandy, to give some people a bit of education........

AATfUDw.gif

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 17 of 30
Latest reply

I'm just buying into this because...............................

Purchased 2 pairs of these :

UGG Boots Women Men Australian Sheepskin Wool Short Classic Boot Water Resistant 

Must admit - not a bad product - good fit - BUT.

Itty Bitty - label inside - MADE IN CHINA.

I go out of my way - not to buy anything relating to CHINA.

My feedback - simply stated - Disappointed - MADE IN CHINA.

REMOVED.

Can't win.

Message 18 of 30
Latest reply

That would disappoint me too domino.

I recently bought Ugg gloves as a gift and was not impressed to find they were made in China. (not bought on ebay but on a different site).

Personally, as a buyer, I would have found your feedback useful.

Message 19 of 30
Latest reply

The listing stated country of manufacture was China so I feel most would already know this. I remember sometime ago checking a number of brands and most are Aust. sheepskin but made in China. I think there may only be one brand left that is made here.

Message 20 of 30
Latest reply