negative comment removal

As a suggestion, good sellers like myself a veteran of over 10 years should have 1 neg feedback credit per month.

Message 1 of 30
Latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

negative comment removal

No, I would see that as a way of second rate sellers getting away with well-deserved negs, if you were a first rate seller you shouldn't need that at all.

You have feedback revisions you can utilise, so in reality why would you need that facility ?

It's well known on the boards that some "teflon sellers" are able to get negs removed at the drop of a hat, I for one hate that that happens.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 30
Latest reply

negative comment removal

@theantennacompany wrote:

As a suggestion, good sellers like myself a veteran of over 10 years should have 1 neg feedback credit per month.

What??

You're kidding.

The most ridiculous & unnecessary suggestion I have read in ages.

Feedback is feedback. If you are a good seller, most of it will be positive anyway.

You would take away the credibility of feedback if you as seller could just will nilly remove one feedback per month. That's 12 a year. That's quite a lot, actually.

And what if you got 3 negs in a month? Are you saying you'd like to pick which one goes?

Please give buyers credit for some brains. If someone gives you unreasonable feedback, most people will realise that and it won't influence their decision one iota.

A lot of other buyers won't even bother to check your feedback at all. They might see your score and that's enough. They probably wont leave feedback either.

Feedback is there for a reason, it is supposed to be an independent opinion about a product or seller. There are already special circumstances where a seller can get feedback removed. If there was a system where fair feedback was removed just because you as seller had a feedback remover credit available, I know I for one would be livid if that was my feedback. It would turn me off using ebay.

Message 3 of 30
Latest reply

negative comment removal

Not a good idea at all.

If a buyer leaves negative feedback, especially if that feedback shows the buyer has either not read the item description or failed to install/use a product properly, a patient and reasonable reply given by the seller can be worth more to the seller than positive feedback in the first place.

Message 4 of 30
Latest reply

negative comment removal

Good sellers should not get real negs as often as once a month

Especially highly experienced good sellers

And those sellers should be reporting malicious negs to eBay

Not sure why you are suggesting it to fellow members though, not as if we can introduce such a thing

Message 5 of 30
Latest reply

negative comment removal

I will be Polite,   Silly Idea.

If a Neg is warranted, cop it, if not, there are avenues available to sellers.

I have only ever had  2 -FB  and  1 False  +FB  ...............  Both Negs  and the  False Pos Comment, were removed by  ebay, being proven to be  False and Defamatory.

Message 6 of 30
Latest reply

negative comment removal

@

@springyzone wrote:

Feedback is there for a reason, it is supposed to be an independent opinion about a product or seller.

That's not really correct. Feedback has to be only about seller or transaction in general. Cannot be about product or shipping times.
If you read feedback policies it clearly states :

"Keep in mind that Feedback is about your experience with the seller – it's not a review of the product you bought."

For products you can go on product listing and leave a product review. Unfortunately eBay does not enforce it and does not remove feedback that is product related

Message 7 of 30
Latest reply

negative comment removal

@folosite wrote:

That's not really correct. Feedback has to be only about seller or transaction in general. Cannot be about product or shipping times.

Rubbish, of course it can be about the product and the shipping times.

If the item is "not as described" that can be put in the feedback.

If the item doesn't arrive within the ETA set by eBay (which can be delusional) or the seller doesn't send within their handling time, that fact can be put in the feedback.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 8 of 30
Latest reply

negative comment removal

@padi*0409 wrote:

@folosite wrote:

Rubbish, of course it can be about the product and the shipping times.

If the item is "not as described" that can be put in the feedback.

If the item doesn't arrive within the ETA set by eBay (which can be delusional) that fact can be put in the feedback.

Item not as described is about seller not product.
I was saying about feedback on a product, that is what product reviews are for - like, you buy let's say a TV and you leave a negative saying picture is not good quality - that is not seller's fault and should not be blame for it.
Shipping times are up to the couriers and should not be blamed on sellers. Of course buyers do it all the time but ebay does remove the negative feedback related to shipping times, in my experience. As long as you have tracking and it shows was posted on time, is nothing else to do and if item is late, is not seller's fault.

I recently bought something on eBay and paid extra for Express - it took 10 days instead on 1-2 days ,with Au Post, from Sydney to Melbourne - in your view, I should go and leave a negative to the seller - why ??? he did nothing wrong.
I would never do that, is not his fault Au Post is bad

Also, you should read the feedback policies, you might learn a thing or 2

Message 9 of 30
Latest reply

negative comment removal

Not  much point using a posting ID when you've already revealed your selling ID.

You might learn a thing or two by trying to have negs removed and seeing what eBay's response is. Feedback is subjective, and there are few avenues where eBay will overrule the buyers' SUBJECTIVE feedback.

So you got a neg. You think it is unfair. You want eBay to basically dump negative feedback for sellers. Ain't gonna happen.

For the record, I consider feedback on eBay to be a joke. I leave it for 100% of sales, but get it for around 20%, so it's not a real or useful metric.

Message 10 of 30
Latest reply