negative feedback for non paying buyers

HOW MANY OTHER SELLERS HAVE HAD A DRAMATIC INCREASE IN THE NUMBER OF NON PAYING BUYERS SINCE THE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK FOR BUYERS WAS REMOVED??

I FIND IT TOTALLY UNFAIR, WE SHOULD BE THE MOST IMPORTANT PEOPLE TO EBAY NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND.

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH THEIR THOUGHTS RE REVENGE FEEDBACK AND PROTECTING THE BUYERS FROM BAD SELLERS, BUT AS I HAVE SAID TO THEM , THAT IS NOT THE CASE WHEN ALLOWING SELLERS TO LEAVE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK ONLY WHEN AND IF A BUYER DOES NOT PAY...THAT IS NOT REVENGE AND IT GIVES US A CLEARER INSIGHT INTO THE TYPE OF BUYER WE ARE DEALING WITH.   UNPAID STRIKES DO NOT WARN US, THE BUYER STILL APPEARS TRUSTWORTHY AND THEIR FEEDBACK DOES NOT TELL THE TRUTH OF THE SITUATION , WHIICH ACCORDING TO EBAY IS THE PURPOSE OF FEEDBACK.

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: negative feedback for non paying buyers

Just demonstrates it is their standard mode of typing comment..... IMO of course based on content of their OP.

I have a few older relatives that use caps locks on text, internet etc etc as their standard "style", despite encouraging them to do otherwise Cat Surprised

I am happy to be proved wrong too !!  But benefit of the doubt surely, until some real evidence otherwise.

Message 11 of 17
Latest reply

Yes, i agree. i currently have 6 people that i'm waiting on. It drives me mad. I really don't understand why they bother to bid when they have no intention of paying.

Not being able to leave bad feedback for bad buyers is really unfair. It's as if ebay is only caring about buyers, but without sellers there is no ebay. I wonder if they realize that. It should be an equal place for all.  Buyers seem to be able to get away with anything, but buyers get penalized for things that aren't even their fault.

Message 12 of 17
Latest reply

Without buyers there would be no sales on eBay.

Sellers have not been able to leave negative feedback for buyers since 6 years ago (approx).

Message 13 of 17
Latest reply

Lol ... Giant leap .. So bad buyers - non payers & scammers are ok by you are they am ?? The OP specifically refers to non payers.

Message 14 of 17
Latest reply

As a percentage I have far fewer non payers than I had in the days when sellers could leave negs. Back then I usually had one non payer per six month selling session but I only sold a few second hand items a week on one id. Now I sell many, many more than that on three different ids and last session I got two non payers on my store id, one on my auction id and zero on my BIN/best offer id so all in all a far lower percentage.

The OP should be grateful to ebay for not allowing them to leave negs, they would most likely leave comments in the same style as they do now with them being more obvious with a red dot, not a good look.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 15 of 17
Latest reply

Ebay seem obsessed with "defects" of late. I'd like to see all non paying bidders given a visual "defect" to their feedback. This might encourage more sellers to open disputes rather than leave neg feedback under a positive dot!
Message 16 of 17
Latest reply

rofl  tv,

Good luck with seeing eBay change any of their "perceived" improvements any time soon.

Let alone see them boot the scammers off the site as quick as they do a few sellers that have only a very short history of "defects".

eBay should really have an obvious presence on these boards and not just let Lithium moderate it.

They (ebay) ask members to let them know how to improve their site...........well a couple of their employees looking on the boards (and giving input of course) would be a very good start, I'm aware that only a few % of members get here - but I reckon it would show that eBay cares at least a little about the members that keep their business alive.

Unfortunately I see a very good trading site going seriously downhill, as a buyer I've already seen 5 or 6 of my regular sellers pull out over the last couple of months - these are guys that have been around for 10+ years or so.

Selling?   I've thought very seriously about it but to be honest it really looks too hard to sell on eBay without making a loss, or making no sales due to the "favoured few" that can't do any wrong..........................(bites tongue)

Yes, I will try selling, but I certainly don't expect to make a living out of it, breaking even or making a few bucks to clear out some "treasure" would be fine.

But if I get to the point where I do want to sell some good stuff, I'll be hoping that my knowledge of eBay will let me avoid most of the pitfalls............

That would include having worldwide exposure, but due to eBay's setup at the moment means maybe only part of my listings actually are listed worldwide........hmmmm...........

Spoiler
So long as they don't change the rules overnight yet again................................
Spoiler
rant over.....................................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 17 of 17
Latest reply