new ebay tracking rules favour Amazon sellers Amazon seller will pick up all intentional sales

so now we must use tracking otherwise a buyer can open a dispute and within 3 days they will receive a refund if there is no tracking on a parcel correct ebay ?

so the cheapest form of tracking for a parcel going overseas is about $13.00 australian dollars 

so how can we afford to charge our customers $13.00 on top of a $10 item for example now we are able to post a item overseas with a CN22 form that sometimes goes into the system and sometimes doesnt becuase Australia post is effeicent 

I believe all Aussie sellers on ebay will lose there international sales and there very clever Amazon comapny will pick up the sales 

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

new ebay tracking rules favour Amazon sellers Amazon seller will pick up all intentional sales

I wouldn't bother selling $10 items overseas, personally.

More trouble (potential and actual) than it's worth.

How are Amazon going to pick up the sales? If the item is uniquely Australian, they won't. If it's not, why wouldn't they already compete?

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

We are at the point of not selling anything under $10 locally unless it is a clearance item we are happy to give away, rather than throw it in the bin. The biggest drawback is sending those items standard post and hope the buyer is honest.

Plenty of online 'shop lifters' out there taking advantage of that... we got done 3 times by same buyer 3 weeks in a row and each step was like clockwork with the first INR case opened as soon as the third order shipped. All the items were sub $10 with postage.

They knew how to play the game.
Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

I'm lucky. Book buyers tend to be honest.

I have had 4 INR's in 11 years, from over 2000 letters sent.

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

Any INR I put one strike on that customer.  Second time I block, report and delete.

I've only had to do that once - thankfully

@offroad7400 wrote:
We are at the point of not selling anything under $10 locally unless it is a clearance item we are happy to give away, rather than throw it in the bin. The biggest drawback is sending those items standard post and hope the buyer is honest.

Plenty of online 'shop lifters' out there taking advantage of that... we got done 3 times by same buyer 3 weeks in a row and each step was like clockwork with the first INR case opened as soon as the third order shipped. All the items were sub $10 with postage.

They knew how to play the game.

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

I only sell within Australia but I switched to 100% tracked at the start of the pandemic, and I'm going to keep it because it hasn't seemed to have affected my sales at all, and it's far less stress.

If the item is low value, I find it's better to "subsidise" the postage by putting part of the cost in your item price, because it just looks better if the postage is significantly less than the item.

So for example if I had a $7 item with $5.50 postage, I'd probably make the item $8 and the postage $4.50 because I think that looks better - especially because in search results it just shows your postage cost but doesn't show if there are any combined postage deals, etc (which is something I think eBay should look at, but I digress)

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

For  sellling items under $10 with free post no tracking and the buyer opens and INR I would reply to them and ask how long are they prepared to wait ? ebay won't close the case it they see there is an agreemant between you and the buyer showing the dates.

also ask them  if it is ok to pay you by paypal once it arrives before you issue the refund and close the case .

Not every buyer is honest most will agree with something like this  in my opinion.

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

not so much international... (I've been sending international trackable only since covid,) but as an aside for Domestic buyers now there is no registered /priority service the cheapest trackable is $7.15 for an incywincy express env... which is documents only.  so something that could go letter rate... the size of A4 you're looking at not far off parcel rate.  next thing post price will increase (its usually sept!)

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

@lotsamagsnbags wrote:

not so much international... (I've been sending international trackable only since covid,) but as an aside for Domestic buyers now there is no registered /priority service the cheapest trackable is $7.15 for an incywincy express env... which is documents only.  so something that could go letter rate... the size of A4 you're looking at not far off parcel rate.  next thing post price will increase (its usually sept!)

Don't think the gummint is going to approve any price increase in the immediate future, the Scummo Gang has an acute sense of political self-preservation, if nothing else.

As do the rent-seekers currently running A/Post.

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

@lotsamagsnbags wrote:

The size of A4 (B4 actually) can go in a tracked envelope at $5.95 for singles.

C5 is $4.95.

Both considerably less than a parcel.

Unless you are wedded to express, of course.

And It's usually October, for parcels. Which would make letters even more competitive until January.

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply