new scam CHARGE BACK AFTER ITEM IS DELIVERED no help from Pay Pal and Ebay

this is newy

buyer buys product from us 6 weeks ago thru Ebay and pays with Pay Pal , item has tracking thru Aussy post , It is delivered, the tracking indicates this.

buyer places claim thru Pay Pal as a Unauthorized transaction, our funds are frozen, we supply all details as requested, including tracking number and a screen  shot from the Australia post site showing it is delivered.

We emailed buyer a number of times thru private and Ebay message but no reply.

phoned once response was do not want to disguise the matter.

Pay Pal tell us to contact Ebay as it is there dispute , we contact Ebay they state it is a Pay Pal dispute

what a bunch of cop outs  NOT VERY HAPPY   looks like another way we can get scammed , no help from these morons.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Report to ACORN
*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

A little more information for you

Australian Cybercrime Online Reporting Network ... The ACORN allows you to securely report cybercrime incidents which may be in breach of Australian law.

http://www.acorn.gov.au/

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

@3415len wrote:

Pay Pal tell us to contact Ebay as it is there dispute , 

It's not even possible to open a request via eBay for an unauthorised transaction, simply because eBay are not remotely involved in processing payments. Whether it's a credit card chargeback or the payment was made from funds in a PP account and then later disputed, eBay has nothing to do with those at all, only the PP account holders, the bank (if one is involved), and PayPal - very disappointing if PayPal can't even recognise and/or acknowledge their own disputes now.

The only thing I can suggest is calling PayPal - have the case reference handy because it will be one of theirs and they can't possibly deny that (well, I suppose it is possible, but if they refuse to acknowledge they're even handling the case, I would be advising them a formal complaint will be made with FOS), also tell them that you have provided the information necessary which qualifies you for Seller Protection under their own policies (presuming your proof of postage ticks the boxes re: buyer's address) and again, if necessary, calmly advise them if their response is not satisfactory, you'll be taking the issue up with the Financial Ombudsman Service. 

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

I would have thought in the first instance it would be best to check if the address the item was sent to gives you seller protection via paypal. as you have tracking and if it is covered getting your money back should be no issue. if you are not covered for seller protection i have found paypal to be very conciliatary to deal with when I call them and have refunded me on more than one occassion even though they did not have to including a recent charge back claim on eBay  where I had no tracking. I would also be interested to know if it was signed for. If so often you can get a copy of that signature from Aus Post which the police etc might well be interested in and if you do have a signature it might be worth letting the buyer know you will be forwarding it to the police for investigation so they can have a squeeky bum moment. Just a few thoughts that may assist you.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

this is a real problem for all of the sellers on ebay we have followed the book ticked ever box been doing this for 10 years make ebay and pay pal a future this is what we are all facing 

the seller has no input how the buyer pays for his item a dispute for a unorthirized payment should be between the buyer and Pay pal there the ones who appoved there payment in the first place

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply