non working electrical item

I've sold 3 graphics cards to which will be used in conjuntion with another 3 for data mining. Data mining is extreme in that it pushes the cards to max. He is saying that one of the cards starts but locks up when he puts it under load. I tested these cards before shipping and they were fine (sold as a new item - no returns accepted). I'm in fear he already had a faulty card in the three he already had as mining can be brutal on cards. 
I am totally fine with looking at the card and "making sure" its one of mine... But where do I stand with Ebay as it was sold with no returns and no warranty listed or implyed.
This is more of a moral issue for me but i'm concerened he is trying it on with another card - where do I stand with ebay here.

Thanks...

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: non working electrical item

@stalkerelectronics wrote:

I've sold 3 graphics cards to which will be used in conjuntion with another 3 for data mining. Data mining is extreme in that it pushes the cards to max. He is saying that one of the cards starts but locks up when he puts it under load. I tested these cards before shipping and they were fine (sold as a new item - no returns accepted). I'm in fear he already had a faulty card in the three he already had as mining can be brutal on cards. 
I am totally fine with looking at the card and "making sure" its one of mine... But where do I stand with Ebay as it was sold with no returns and no warranty listed or implyed.
This is more of a moral issue for me but i'm concerened he is trying it on with another card - where do I stand with ebay here.

Thanks...

It will be down to you to replace/refund them there is no way to tell a customer is pulling a fast one. Electrical items are sometimes faulty you can ask for the card to be returned, at your expense but this is the danger of selling items for this. Personally I think the majority of times it is the item that is faulty it can be a loose connection that came off during posting. It does suck but as sellers we sometimes have to take the lose and move on

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Hmm tricky. I would just say I can look at it at your expense due to the risk factors you are aware of what may happen, and I have. Tested it. If.you have the results for that cats semd it. Everyone knows if u put graphics cards under heavy loads it can permanentky damage them. He could of just damaged it.
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

@smelly_bum_bum wrote:
Hmm tricky. I would just say I can look at it at your expense due to the risk factors you are aware of what may happen, and I have. Tested it. If.you have the results for that cats semd it. Everyone knows if u put graphics cards under heavy loads it can permanentky damage them. He could of just damaged it.

I didn't................until I read the OP. Sadly, even though that's the case, the OP can't prove the buyer wrecked it.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Ok I got my card back and it matches my serial number- card doesn't smell burnt (bonus ๐Ÿ˜‰ ) I put it in my sons computer because he runs AMD and it runs fine. Plays BF4 at 200fps and I ran it under Mark 3D 11 and it came up perfectly fine. I can only think thats its his computer - 6 cards would be a huge stress on the PSU or it could even be his MB. I took video and pictures of the results. What do I do from here?

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Decide if they may leave negative feedback and thus will impact sales. Sometimes for what it is worth give a refund, if you can afford it that is.
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply