note <Removed> trading as <Removed> has changed her name to <Removed> trading as <Removed>

Has anyone else had problems with this non-paying bidder?

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

note <Removed> trading as <Removed> has changed her name to <Removed> trading as <Removed>

thanks for your advice. It is a pity that we are not able to name people who are obviously cheating and so warn others.

I have now seen that this non-paying bidder has had many different names and IDs.

Someone advised me how to block, but if she keeps changing names, it all starts over again.  thanks again

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

No.

And they can change their ID any time they like. As can all members.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

If you've had issues with a non payer, open up a dispute, close it 4 days later and add that buyer to your blocked buyer list. That way they can't bother you again.

As you noticed, you can't name and shame on the forums.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

thanks for your advice. It is a pity that we are not able to name people who are obviously cheating and so warn others.

I have now seen that this non-paying bidder has had many different names and IDs.

Someone advised me how to block, but if she keeps changing names, it all starts over again.  thanks again

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

thanks. Pity we cannot warn of ID change in response to non-payment.
Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Forget it & add it to the BBL.If a user changes ID name,it also auto changes in the BBL.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

@catlover67 wrote:

no it doesnt  if you block her current ID then no matter how many times she changes it, it is still blocked from bidding with you.

of course, if she closed it down and opened a different ID, that is another scenario.  but if it is juist changing the ID she'll remain blocked

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

I agree, it would be convenient to be able to name bad buyers and sellers, however, sometimes someone will name and shame and that buyer/seller hasn't done anything wrong. They can then have their name tarnished for no reason. If other sellers on here sell the same things as you and want to know who the buyer is, you can always PM the name to them.

By closing an unpaid dispute, the buyer gets a strike against their account. Once they have 2, they find out pretty quickly that they can't buy from a lot of sellers who have the appropriate blocks in place. Have you got blocks in place to stop serial offenders?

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Some years ago an excellent seller had their business ruined because somebody started a thread about a seller who had scammed them. Unfortunately they made a typo when naming and shaming so trolls who read but never post on the boards targetted the seller and negged them so much they couldn't sell anything. That alone is a good enough reason that sellers should not be named on the boards.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 9 of 9
Latest reply