obligatory Powerseller classification

I am outraged at what ebay has done by making me a power seller with out my consent, I've phoned customer support and let them have it, I'm now considering opening another account or more and alternating between them to avoid the power seller classification, what other company disadvantages their regular uses like this, specifically not being given the option of 30 free listings.

DON'T ACCEPT THIS, phone customer support and voice your dissatisfaction.
Message 1 of 89
Latest reply
88 REPLIES 88

mysnailescaped
Community Member
I rang them this morning & they told me that since September 22nd they are unable to remove the TRS status.

However, there is no point abusing the customer service staff. They are not to blame for the decisions of management & it is unfair to "let them have it" as you suggest. They don't get paid enough to sit there & be abused all day.

Management on the other hand deserve a kick up the backside but of course they are shielded from it by hiding behide those poor buggers on the front lines.

Anyway, I am not going to be using Ebay that much anymore so I'll just rotate what I do sell around my other ID's & not use my main one again until the TRS drops off.
Message 2 of 89
Latest reply

nouveau_retro
Community Member
Basically once people have used their 30 free listings for one, two, maybe three months they'll all be powersellers... ebay giveth and ebay taketh ๐Ÿ˜‰

nothings changed, just the method of delivery.

their only duty of care is to the shareholders and the stance on 'customer service' remains the same and is quite clear.
Message 3 of 89
Latest reply

Did you really think that sellers would be getting free listings every month indefinitely? Remember, nothing in life is really free (including postage!!!)
Message 4 of 89
Latest reply

oh boy, no pleasing most people.

1. lots here whinging and whining and carrying on because they cannot sell anything on eBay because of all the overseas sellers... too much garbage.... bad search results, defaults to BM and not Aussie Only etc.etc. blah blah, tears..tantrums. oh woe is me.
eBay has ruined my business, I;ll have to go on the dole....
OR

2. lots here whinging and whining and carrying on because they sell TOO MUCH on eBay and they miss out on free listings,
everything they list must be selling to reach $3,000 p.a. max. at which point the free listings cut out,
etc.etc. blah blah, tears..tantrums. oh woe is me.

eBay has grown my business to the next level up and I wanted to stay poor, with no sales, just free listings for the fun of it.

:-(

are there any sellers out there that have reached a happy medium with their eBay business?? or is any excuse to moan about eBay a good excuse?

LOL you crack me up ๐Ÿ™‚ I am happy with my little Business life is good
We all smile in the same language.
Message 5 of 89
Latest reply

nice to hear that, wickedfez!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 6 of 89
Latest reply

My business was going gray guns until ebay made these new changes, one say today a measly $2.00
Message 7 of 89
Latest reply

Let them have it (customer support) is just a figure of speech, I'm always polite but want to get the message across, my gripe is that power sellers in the US and Canada get a 20% discount on their final fee valuation, we don't in Australia, they used the campaign to increase final values fees and offered nothing in return.
Message 8 of 89
Latest reply

And we weren't getting free listings, they just moved the fee into the final fee valuation and then some, it's gone from something around 6% to nearly 8%, but now powersellers are paying a listing fee on top.
Message 9 of 89
Latest reply

Basically once people have used their 30 free listings for one, two, maybe three months they'll all be powersellers... ebay giveth and ebay taketh ๐Ÿ˜‰

nothings changed, just the method of delivery.

their only duty of care is to the shareholders and the stance on 'customer service' remains the same and is quite clear.

How do you work that out?

If they sell everything, for an average of at least $US25, then in 3 months they will be nudging PS status. Otherwise, not.
Call some place paradise, kiss it goodbye - Don Henley
Message 10 of 89
Latest reply