obligatory Powerseller classification

I am outraged at what ebay has done by making me a power seller with out my consent, I've phoned customer support and let them have it, I'm now considering opening another account or more and alternating between them to avoid the power seller classification, what other company disadvantages their regular uses like this, specifically not being given the option of 30 free listings.

DON'T ACCEPT THIS, phone customer support and voice your dissatisfaction.
Message 1 of 89
Latest reply
88 REPLIES 88

Honestly, I can see both sides here, but I also think there's a tendency for some to focus on what they're not getting instead of what they are, and I'm not talking about the PS status in itself.

I can't say what's better for anyone else, but I can say what I decided was better for me...

When the fee changes were announced, I could see at a glance that if I continued with the way I was selling, I would be (immediately and financially) better off without Power Seller status and access to free listings, with probably having to spread my activities over 2 IDs.

I saw an opportunity for something else, though. Or more specifically, it was the kick in the rear I needed to build something bigger. I figured if I was selling frequently enough to gain PS status, and/or to try and avoid it by spreading my activities over 2 IDs, opening a store was the best option for me.

I don't get free listings, but I get the chance to build a name, a reputation and a solid customer base who can always find my store...and that gives me the chance to expand and grow. (At least for now, while the eBay "gods" favour my presence, and my sales reports are currently showing my business is in growth - a bit beside the point, but yay anyway) - and that's something that probably wouldn't happen if I had chosen to scatter my listings around - I'm making more profit per item than I ever did before opening the store, so the benefits of having consolidated listings and a formalised presence has turned out to be far greater than a 50 cent or $1.09 saving per listing. Again, I know it may not be right for everyone, but sometimes shifting the focus can bring other opportunities in sight.

Message 21 of 89
Latest reply

I am outraged at what ebay has done by making me a power seller with out my consent, I've phoned customer support and let them have it, I'm now considering opening another account or more and alternating between them to avoid the power seller classification, what other company disadvantages their regular uses like this, specifically not being given the option of 30 free listings.

DON'T ACCEPT THIS, phone customer support and voice your dissatisfaction.

How dare they ruin you reputation by awarding you PS status. That sort of criminal activity should not be tolerated !
TCT
Message 22 of 89
Latest reply

The free listings are for the so called mum and dad sellers who list personal, second hand items. If you are selling enough to be a PS then that does not describe you.

I am outraged that you think it is any of your business if ebay decide to put a PS symbol on a page on THEIR site.

I am outraged that you think it is appropriate to phone somebody who is doing a thankless job like answering phones at a support desk and 'letting them have it'.

I am outraged that you are trying to show ebay in a bad light that does nothing to encourage people to buy from the site.

I am outraged that you think because a policy change does not suit you ebay should change something many of us are happy with.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 23 of 89
Latest reply

6o7o8o
Community Member
The free listings can be had by all regardless if you are a powerseller or not...open another account.

I am delighted that you not ok with ebay giving us less and less choices to what we 'paying sellers' can have on OUR paid page

I am delighted you gave those lazy, automated, 25 cents an hour nobodys what for on the phone. If we all did it they'd change the way they speak to us.

I am delighted that you are showing ebay for what it is...greedy, unethical and totalitarian

I am most delighted that you have shown that you are one of the majority with your disgust with the constant changes of ebay
Message 24 of 89
Latest reply

The free listings can be had by all regardless if you are a powerseller or not...open another account.

I am delighted that you not ok with ebay giving us less and less choices to what we 'paying sellers' can have on OUR paid page

I am delighted you gave those lazy, automated, 25 cents an hour nobodys what for on the phone. If we all did it they'd change the way they speak to us.

I am delighted that you are showing ebay for what it is...greedy, unethical and totalitarian

I am most delighted that you have shown that you are one of the majority with your disgust with the constant changes of ebay

LMAO!
Message 25 of 89
Latest reply

Yes some sellers are happy with all the new changes, but they are a very small minority...you only need to read these boards lately to see that 90% of us are pissed.
Mext we will be forced to pay over $500 a month for an anchored. My fees WERE between $280 - $350 this month they are over $430 & I still have 16 days to go before end of month. NOT HAPPY JAN
Message 26 of 89
Latest reply

nouveau_retro
Community Member
Using new mum-and-dad sellers complaints about losing their free listings, against other sellers sudden loss of income, isn't really comparable- two completely different issues. I believe its called creating a strawman analogy, trying to invalidate the fact that longterm businesses (much bigger than us small sellers) have suddenly lost 80-90% of income.
Message 27 of 89
Latest reply

Yes some sellers are happy with all the new changes, but they are a very small minority...you only need to read these boards lately to see that 90% of us are pissed.

It is estimated that only 5% of members use the boards so even if 80-90% didn't like the format it would be a small number and although there are a lot of complaints isn't that what always happens, it is the ones who are unhappy who come here and complain, the ones who are happy rarely waste their time with an I am stoked with the new ebay thread!

Message 28 of 89
Latest reply

Mext we will be forced to pay over $500 a month for an anchored. My fees WERE between $280 - $350 this month they are over $430 & I still have 16 days to go before end of month. NOT HAPPY JAN

Is that all mine is now $1000.
Message 29 of 89
Latest reply

Phorum you are sooooooooo Pro Ebay it's sickening to read the same ol same ol from you time and time again.

When you become a real seller and graduate to 'PS' then and only then will you get an education

Of course I don't use my selling, or buying, id to post with. I have no need to advertise by posting on the boards by using my selling id.

I do have PS status and have been selling on ebay for over 13 years now, I am not pro or anti ebay. It is a tool I use for selling, and occasional buying, and no more for or anti it than I am for or anti the fork I use to eat my food with. A tool is a tool.

There are many things I think ebay could do differently but as I am not a shareholder it is not my decision or right, to tell ebay how to run their site.

The things I wish would change I send in a suggestion and that is the end of it as far as I am concerned.

As I am predominantly a seller I hate to see so many people carping on about how bad ebay is, do those of you with falling sales really think that is going to encourage buyers to use the site and buy from you?

This thread is a classic example of mindless anti ebay rhetoric, it started with somebody complaining that they had sold too much and thus achieved PS status but turned into the perpetual moan about selling as much less without most of the posters recognising the mutual exclusivity.

Message 30 of 89
Latest reply