opening a store question

I have a question for the many brains here as at this stage I only have 2 brain cells and they are chasing each other.

I'm looking intl opening a basic store. It says in the description you get 200 free FIXED PRICE items per month.

Can someone tell me the meaning of FIXED PRICE please.

My wife says it's a BIN and I say it's an ordinary auction. We don't use BIN .

I'd say we have a carton riding on this but till sales pick up a bit we just exchange IOU's lol.

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

opening a store question

You should know, the wife is always right. Smiley Very Happy

Fixed price are only BIN. And it is only the listings that are free. You still pay Final Value Fees.

Also you are restricted to the number of listings when it's a new account so better to use the 40 free listings on a normal account and build up feedback first. Then maybe open a store.

image host
Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

opening a store question

your saying all those with a basic store and are paying 19.95 a month can only put 200 BIN on and no auctions?

we were thinking of upgrading but we do not use BIN.  we do have over 1000 feedbacks though at 100%

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

opening a store question

If you sell in collectables you can also do auctions.

They are included in the 200.  So you can do either/or.   Or both.

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

opening a store question

The Basic Store includes up to 200 free Fixed Price BIN listings in any category or Auction listings in a Collectables category.

collectables.JPG

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

opening a store question

well thank you all..my IOU's to my wife are stacking up..guess that ends the upgrade to a store...we have only done 1 BIN in 2 years at a customers request and we don't sell collectables. Everything is auction so I guess a store is out lol. Was a good thought while it lasted. Thanks Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

opening a store question

oops I put that in too quick..bless you bigbrickshop..i may have just got my IOU back..she sells in crafts section.so according to what you just put up she does qualify for 200 free listings as auctions..

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

opening a store question

There's more info in the Seller Centre about Store subscriptions

http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/ebay-for-business/about-store-packages

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

opening a store question

Auction insertion
fee
$1.50 (under $100)
$3.50 (over $100)
*Auctions within the Collectables category are included in the monthly free listing
entitlement for Stores sellers.

*The items have to be "collectable" and listed in specific categories, is that what that means?

e.g: If you sell new fabric in Crafts category those listings wouldn't be eligible?
Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

opening a store question

anything in the 'craft' category is eligible for auction, where I mostly sell...see how many auctions I have going...but check the fvf...swings & roundabouts 🙂
Message 10 of 14
Latest reply