opening an ebay store

Hi , I have been selling on ebay for approx 12 months selling approx 50 items per month mainly clothing. I am wondering if it is worthwhile opening a store.Just wondering about other peoples experience and what are the benefits or drawbacks of opening a store? 

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

opening an ebay store

you need to read on the Site Map the differences in benefits for Basic / FEatured / Anchor stores and the monthly fees (and the differences in fvf too)

Stores are only for Buy it Now items, not Auctions, which you seem to favour at present.

if you are only getting 1 or 2 bids per item, then you obviously can gauge the popularity of your items, and could decide on a suitable BiN price.

your listings stay up for 30 days on a store for one listing / or listing fee/ not just 7 or 10days like you have without a store.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

opening an ebay store

Anonymous
Not applicable

i would suggest you just read the ebay conditions fees etc to determine this. If you listen to people on these forums you will just get the politics. With Ebay being what it is now people just manipulate these forums to support their own bias and opinions.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

opening an ebay store

i would suggest you just read the ebay conditions fees etc to determine this. If you listen to people on these forums you will just get the politics. With Ebay being what it is now people just manipulate these forums to support their own bias and opinions.

Just wondering about other peoples experience

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

opening an ebay store

Hi - I started selling about 5 years ago and did the numbers back then on paying for a store.

Check get out the fees that you can achieve by having a store - some stores don't cost much - but offer advantages like some free listings.

Unless you have a lot of buy it now auctions that you want to run continuously it's not really worth having a store (in my humble opinion).

The store pages are next to useless for buyers - again only my opinion.

If you sell over $50K per month then it's worth looking at the anchor store ($499 per month) - as you can save 1% seller fees and you get extra benefits of fee listings in overseas ebay sites.

Hope this helps.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply