paypal dispute

Hello, does any one know, how long does it take for paypal to resolve a dispute after escalating to a claim? I'm the one that escalated to a claim because I want to resolve it asap. Was that a bad move? should I wait till buyer escalated?

I have a proof of postage and message from buyer (in ebay message) that buyer happy to go ahead with transaction.

item08300275270095, buyer said buy it because thought for 2 adult tickets , but iI am seliing only for 1adult and 1 child and BIN for less than face value.

Any help please, thanks

Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

paypal dispute

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

It makes no difference who escalates the dispute....paypal allows the other party 10 days to respond before going to the next step.

If the other party does not respond then the dispute will close in your favour.  If they respond then it is game on and you are given the opportunity to respond again.

If they respond in less than the 10 days you can try ringing paypal and ask for a resolution if time is of the essence but there is no guarantee that they will oblige.  I have had disputes drag on for 3+ weeks.

Message 2 of 22
Latest reply

paypal dispute

but the tixs for Sunday 16, is there anyway paypal speed up and resolve it faster or if anyone know if paypal have done speed up the process?
Message 3 of 22
Latest reply

paypal dispute

There's no guarantee that this will help, but it wouldn't do any harm to ring Paypal and let them know that because of the imminent performance date, the dispute's outcome is time-critical.
Message 4 of 22
Latest reply

paypal dispute

If the buyer has opened a Not As Described dispute it makes no difference if you have proof of purchase.  If the tickets are not as described the buyer will have to return them to you by registered post in order to get their refund.

You could ring paypal on their Free Call number and plead your case but it is not a given that they can or will help you.

I have never gone through a dispute where time is as crucial as this, but you can but try.

Just be very nice to them...you do want them to help you and getting angry will not help matters at all.

Message 5 of 22
Latest reply

paypal dispute

Snap CQ....great minds think alike.

Message 6 of 22
Latest reply

paypal dispute

the dispute was regarding item no received with a note that ticket not for 2 adults. dispute open on Sunday night and I post on Monday and received by buyer on Tuesday.
So the dispute not for Item not described,
I will give paypal a nice call in the arvo, wish me luck ...
Thanks all....
Message 7 of 22
Latest reply

paypal dispute

Btw , Did not know if buyer started a dispute on Sunday , till my son Post it on Monday ..
Message 8 of 22
Latest reply

paypal dispute

How could the buyer open a Not Received dispute when they clearly did receive the tickets?  Sorry that was a rhetorical question...they clearly did.  You just need to hope that paypal does not "kindly" alter it to Not As Described.

Yes, you clearly do need to contact paypal, but at least you should not have to wait for the buyer to send the tickets back if they say they did not  receive them.  Good luck with it all...I would not like to be in your shoes.

Message 9 of 22
Latest reply

paypal dispute

@lyndal1838 wrote:

How could the buyer open a Not Received dispute when they clearly did receive the tickets?  Sorry that was a rhetorical question...they clearly did.  You just need to hope that paypal does not "kindly" alter it to Not As Described.

Yes, you clearly do need to contact paypal, but at least you should not have to wait for the buyer to send the tickets back if they say they did not  receive them.  Good luck with it all...I would not like to be in your shoes.

Lyndal, have you seen the OP's listing for the tickets yet? It's a good thing that the buyer has since admitted receiving them as they were sent via express post (presumably without tracking) so an INR may well have succeeded.

However, if they change their dispute to SNAD then they shouldn't have a leg to stand on as the listing quite clearly states that the tickets are for 1 adult & 1 child. There is absolutely no ambiguity whatsoever and the buyer has clearly misread the following, which is a direct c&p from the listing in question...

2 x 2014 Melbourne Formula 1 Ticket GA

Sunday 16 March 2014

@for 1 adult and 1 child, part of family tickets, bought @ $39.75 each + P&H

Message 10 of 22
Latest reply