paypal dispute

Hello, does any one know, how long does it take for paypal to resolve a dispute after escalating to a claim? I'm the one that escalated to a claim because I want to resolve it asap. Was that a bad move? should I wait till buyer escalated?

I have a proof of postage and message from buyer (in ebay message) that buyer happy to go ahead with transaction.

item08300275270095, buyer said buy it because thought for 2 adult tickets , but iI am seliing only for 1adult and 1 child and BIN for less than face value.

Any help please, thanks

Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

paypal dispute

Hi ALL,

After chatting nicely with paypal,  fund back to my account. Once again THANKS ALL ...!

@ cq_tech : express post with tracking

Message 11 of 22
Latest reply

paypal dispute

Good one.....justice has prevailed.

Message 12 of 22
Latest reply

paypal dispute

@sundaylads wrote:

Hi ALL,

After chatting nicely with paypal,  fund back to my account. Once again THANKS ALL ...!

@ cq_tech : express post with tracking

That's really great news and I'm very pleased on your behalf. As Lyndal said, justice has clearly prevailed.

Just a caveat for those who aren't aware of this... express post does not normally provide sufficient proof of delivery as far as Paypal is concerned, unless it is specifically lodged with extra documentation in triplicate, as many sellers have unfortunately found to their cost.

Message 13 of 22
Latest reply

paypal dispute

I thought in australia you only had to prove the item was sent not actually delivered

https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/security/sell-shippingrecommendations

Message 14 of 22
Latest reply

paypal dispute

You have to prove it was sent to the specified address. Or postcode, at least.

This does not happen without cq's paperwork as express is only tracked to the distribution centre, not the door. Same as ordinary satchels or parcels.

Message 15 of 22
Latest reply

paypal dispute

In cq's reply she said it does qualify as sufficient proof of delivery for paypal. This is incorrect you still dont have to proove delivery.
Message 16 of 22
Latest reply

paypal dispute

Harley, I was quite happy to ignore your pickiness over my use of the term 'delivery' rather than 'posting' or 'lodgement' as most Australian Paypal users on ebay should be well aware by now that our required level of proof is considerably less than that which is required in other countries.

However, I do take exception to being called 'she' when I'm a male, and if you're unsure, then the intelligent thing to do in order to avoid embarrassment would be to avoid any reference to gender altogether.

BTW, as accuracy is clearly so important to you, there is only one 'o' in 'prove'. 😉
Message 17 of 22
Latest reply

paypal dispute

I honestly dont care whether you are male or female. the point is your information was incorrect. Oh and a spelling mistake is a lot different than incorrect proceedure. 

Message 18 of 22
Latest reply

paypal dispute

harley, this whole case is a bit unusual, which is why the OP was advised to ring paypal.  While the buyer opened a Not Received case, she did in fact admit to receiving the tickets but was complaining that she received 1 adult and 1 child's ticket....which is exactly what was advertised.

My concern was that paypal would change it to Not As Described...she would not have won that either as the tickets were as described.  The whole point of ringing paypal was to expedite the whole claim as the tickets were for next weekend.

Message 19 of 22
Latest reply

paypal dispute

Yes I agree Lyndal, I just didn't want sellers reading CQ's answer thinking that they now have to prOve item delivery which is why I posted the link to requirements for Australian sellers.
Message 20 of 22
Latest reply