paypal not releasing money

meroscoe
Community Member

Has Anyone Heard Of Paypal And Enays New Policy Of Not Releasing Everyones Money For 21 Days

Message 1 of 48
Latest reply
47 REPLIES 47

Re: paypal not releasing money

Its only happening to what ebay calls newbies, people who have been with them less than 6 mths, have under 20 sales.
Message 31 of 48
Latest reply

A mate opened a second account. He has these restrictions too. He uploaded tracking numbers within 24 hours of payment. All tracking numbers show delivered. All buyers have left positive feedback. PayPal still refuse to release his funds until the 21 days have past. They are violating their own policies.

He has lodged a dispute with the FOS, so will be interesting to see how that pans out. I suggest anyone in the same boat, especially sellers with already established accounts, do the same thing. The more people who lodge a dispute, the more fines PayPal get and the more likely they are to lift thes outrageous restrictions on establised sellers who stupidly opened a second account.

Message 32 of 48
Latest reply

Now that my listings have ended, I would like to give you an explanation, as you seemed so interested in why I had listings after my โ€˜wild dogs and horsesโ€™ statement.

On the Former eBay sellers FB page there was a comment about buyers not reading the description, claiming item NAD, but can all recite verbatim the returns policy.  So I inserted this line โ€œIf you google 5kazam I can be found on FB and QS - everything is a lot cheaperโ€ into the few listings.  Because of am*3 bringing up my โ€˜Thank Youโ€™ post, I had to remove it. (As said, I did have a listing going for another person).  But I already had a bid on one item, so couldnโ€™t get rid of it there.  Point proven though, I believe, that descriptions are not read.

OK, you can all hop up and down about my line being against eBayโ€™s policy.  Big deal!!  Care factor -0!!

When eBay wants to get into the playground and play fair, maybe Iโ€™ll listen.  eBay reminds me of two kids on a see-saw.  The big kid down the bottom is eBay, the small kid waggling his feet in the air is the seller.  The big kid has got him in a no win situation.  But just say that by some pure fluke of luck the little kid gets the see-saw going the other way โ€“ what happens!! The big kid slides down and crushes him. Again no win.  (You can only hope the big kid slides past him and gets a very big bl00dy noseโ€ฆ)

Just for your information, I will occasionally have a listing going โ€“ gauging whether what I believe something to be worth is in the ball park.  Matter of fact, Iโ€™ve got 3 pieces that Iโ€™d like to get a feel about.  Nothing contravening eBayโ€™s rules, legitimate listings.  If they happen to sell while there, then my gut feeling about their worth was correct - otherwise I do a re-think.

And for the record, so that no-one calls me a hypocrite, Iโ€™m experimenting a little with visibility of items.  This id seems to get good visibility, yet the one I reinstated (45fb) is getting no visibility at all. 

My name is not Nero, but I will fiddle around while Rome burns.

Message 33 of 48
Latest reply

They were crooks,they are crooks.Nothing changed.I had over 500 transactions and got rid of them two years ago.Now stupid

me I joined again.Sold an item with registered post,got a nice feedback from buyer and they still will sit on my money for 21 days.

When I sent an email I got generic answer.Phone does not work due to some "technical porblems"Same paypal as before when

I lost money due to stupidity of their "experts"

@zelly888 wrote:

If you are a seller which I see that you are,the only reason your payment would be held is if there is a dispute open against you as a seller

Message 34 of 48
Latest reply

Bottom line here, is what have you got to lose.  Apparently the $1500 fee when a complaint is lodged sends shivers up PP's spine - as it should.  

If I was in your your shoes, first thing I would do,

Second thing, ring PayPal and let them know a complaint has been lodged.

Enough $1500's a go, and PP will tell eBay to go find some other way of making money on the short term market.

Message 35 of 48
Latest reply

If we could get 10 people to lodge a dispute, that would have to hurt them with fines. If we could get 100 people to lodge a dispute, that would have to hurt even more!

Anyone who is affected, I strongly suggest that you lodge a complaint with the Financial Ombudsman.

Message 36 of 48
Latest reply

Several months ago, when i was sort of toying with maybe coming back to selling a few things on ebay, I started reading these boards to pick up clues (because things have changed a lot since I last sold about 10 years ago).

So anyway, one link I saw took me to ebay rules and policies (which may well have changed since Nov 1st, I have no idea.)

I was shocked as one of the conditions I read said something along the lines of-if a person was new to selling or had sold under a certain amount of items, their money would not be released for 2 months.

I am sure it was 2 months.

It said that this was a safety feature to ensure the seller was genuine/doing things properly, and money would be released earlier if the item was sent with tracking and the seller could prove that, or the seller received positive feedback from the buyer for that item.

From memory, the onus seemed to be on the seller to let ebay know.

I was annoyed at the last condition as I was under the impression feedback was not compulsory and it seemed to me to be a bit rude to base payment release on something a buyer was not required to give anyway.

So.. I decided it would be difficult to start out on ebay now, unless you sold a lot of cheap things first, otherwise you would have money tied up for too long.

If it is only 21 days now, they have actually improved the conditions. I'm still not that tempted to start selling again though.

Message 37 of 48
Latest reply

Is it just a coincidence that the 21 days paypal/ebay says it takes to release funds is the same amount of time Paypal now offers buyers to pay for an item after they have won the auction?

I can either pay direct by cash from my paypal account and wait for an item to maybe not arrive thanks to 'ever-reliable' Aussie post; pay via credit card and wait, or pay in 21 days giving my parcel time to arrive before my funds are withdrawn from my paypal account.

If i never get my parcel i can ask paypal to not pay within those 21 days and i'm not out of pocket.

Just curious?

Message 38 of 48
Latest reply

Yes you are correct I have spent the last three days on the phone to ebay and Paypal I have absolutely no problem with any of my ID's this is just another money making eBay paypal scam to make a fortune of the little guy using my hard earned family xmas funds to  make some interest at my expense for their fat pockets.

Message 39 of 48
Latest reply

@whar_debb wrote:

Yes you are correct I have spent the last three days on the phone to ebay and Paypal I have absolutely no problem with any of my ID's this is just another money making eBay paypal scam to make a fortune of the little guy using my hard earned family xmas funds to  make some interest at my expense for their fat pockets.

If any of your ID's are long term, high feedback accounts, lodge a complaint with the FOS. My friend did and won. They released his money and exempted him from further holds. See the thread "OMG I nearly fell off my perch". I included the email that he got in there. It took about 3 days from lodgement of complaint to getting the email from PayPal saying he was exempted from further holds.

Message 40 of 48
Latest reply