postage expense and other platforms selling

Hello to our community

A lot crazy things going on this year to all sellers I assume. I was under a lot of financial pressure recently and decided to ask for help from PayPal community.

- I am offered $58,000 paypal working capital at the moment but once ebay managed payment starts I assume that would be dead. I called ebay today and they told me they are still trying to work with other financial institutions to make similar options but still in process, which means no. 

- I am still using Auspost as band 5 level customer but found postage still quite high for my business, my average item value is around $65 so a $7.14 in average is considerably high to me, any good suggestions on this part? 

- How does sales goes on other platforms based on your selling experience?  I heard Amazon charge fees higher than eBay. 

thanks in advance

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

postage expense and other platforms selling

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Yes, Amazon fees are reputedly higher than ebay.

I am not sure why postal charges are such a problem as your buyer should be paying them anyway.

I don't know what you are selling but as a buyer I would be quite happy to pay $7-$8 postage for a $65.....with perhaps a small packaging and handling fee as well.

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply