postage fees

Hoping someone can help please.

Sold an item and paid postage at post office. Received an email from ebay saying they would be debiting my card for postage costs. That would mean I am paying postage twice. Once by my own cost and again by ebay saying they will be debiting my card the postage costs.

How do I stop this second postage charge by ebay debiting my card.

The item sold and posted at my cost has tracking number etc listed on ebay item?

Thanks in advance 

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

postage fees

Did you request an ebay label and then not use it by paying at the Post Office instead?

if so you can request a cancellation;

How to cancel a postage label

If you haven't used a postage label, you can cancel it within 5 days of creating and printing the label. If your cancellation request is approved, you'll receive a credit for postage and related charges.

To cancel an eBay postage label:

1. Go to Manage postage labels - opens in new window or tab.
  2. Find the item you'd like to cancel the postage label for, then from the Actions column, select More actions, and then select Cancel postage label.
  3. Choose your reason for cancelling the label. If you want to, you can add a message for the buyer.
  4. Select Cancel postage label.

Remember that you may not use a label after it's been cancelled, or cancel a label after you've dropped the parcel off.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

postage fees

I note most of your sold items where more than a year ago. Ebay have changed menu selections for sold items substantially since you last sold. At the top of the selection in BIG BOLD LETTERS / BLUE TAB is " print postage label " or similar. It is very easy to accidently click this and the follow up button, thinking you are printing an address label when in fact you are printing an ebay postage label that you pay for. 

If you want to simply find the buyers address and hand write it on your own package you need to scroll down, right to the bottom of the menu into the hidden, dusty basement of rarely used icons, spider webs, weeds and tombstones. Something I'm convinced ebay has done on purpose to catch the unwary with another tricky fee.  

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply