postal tracking requirements

For all other members being bullied /harrassed by Ebay regards UNFOUNDED tracking postal figures /tracking requirements. You are not alone ,I received an email telling me only 50% of my listings have valid tracking. I spoke with one of EBAYS customer service OUTCOME = THEY could not understand it. I do understand why??? Ebay wants to control and price gouge aver aspect of sales INCLUDING revenue from postal  = EVIL.

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Tracking figures are based on the items advertised with tracking. If you are offering a tracked service, but fail to upload or send with a tracked service, eBay is indeed correct. And you will be sanctioned accordingly.

The solution is to upload tracking for your stated tracked services within your handling time. Simple.

Items advertised with an untracked service (ie untracked letters. ONLY) do not count towards the metric.

Ensure you send using the advertised postage method, ensure you upload tracking in a timely manner. Solved.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

If you offer tracking, make sure you upload the number.

If you don't offer tracking, it's not an issue.

Ebay are trying to encourage everything to be sent with a tracking number, but you have the right to make your own business decisions. They are just giving you the figure percentage based on what you're sending, but you can ignore it.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Your logic is a bit hard to follow,  Ebay does not care who the hell I use, and pay, for shipping, as long as tracking is uploaded and a valid event occurs, there are no problems.

Ebay did notify me today, that I had a 100% tracking record, which I already new, So I suppose I could claim  to be bullied and harrassed, unsolicited messages etc, but somehow I think I will survive.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

I have uploaded tracking on every item advertised as such, only regular letters that dont need tracking. So Ebays claim 50% is plain rubbish. When I spoke with one of their reps she agreed their figures dont add up.  

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

The puzzling thing is I have up loaded valid tracking on every item except items that stipulate regular letter. When I spoke with one of their reps she could not understand having checked my listings, cant win.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

CS reps are useless for the most part - usually not worth the trouble of engaging in a conversation with them.

As long as your system is working for you, I don't see an issue.

Quite frankly, I ignore these types of messages from Ebay and just keep on doing what I need to do. 

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

I could understand your sentiment, but for fact that I have uploaded valid tracking on all items except  stated regular letter letters. Key point, even the rep that I spoke with does not understand how Ebay came at figure of 50%. How does it affect me as a seller ?, they can with hold sales from sales of goods.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Hi Spekle,  the way I understood the announcements.  For the tracking requirements not to apply,  the listing must have multiple postage options, and it is the buyer who then chooses to have the item shipped by untracked means.    

Simply listing an item with untracked postage,  does not give the buyer any choice

If the item is listed  with untracked postage,  + a tracked option, and the buyer elects to use the untracked  method,  you are protected against the Tracking % requirement and also INR.

I have orders that are applicable for an exclusion, how does eBay identify these transactions?

For each order, we will check to see if your order fulfils one of the 3 below exclusions. The funds for these orders will not experience a tracking payment holds- even if you have a valid tracking performance under 95% for tracked services. 

Local Pick Up: Seller offers Local Pick Up as an shipping option and buyer selects this option to collect their items. 

Click & Collect from the retailer: Seller offers Click & Collect from their bricks & mortar store and buyer selects this option to collect their items. 

Australia Post Domestic Regular Letter Untracked service: seller selects this service in the itemโ€™s listing. If multiple services are available for the same items, the buyer must select this service when they checkout.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Had the same bully message from ebay... Last month my rating  was 94% but this month i went down to 90%..  I can't understand why since every sales i do have  tracking number registered to ebay's website.. it really doesn't make sense .. 

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply