promoted listings fees after refund/cancelled sale

I have noticed recently when I refund a buyer or when a buyer doesn't pay and the sale is cancelled I am not getting all the fee back for my promoted listings (on managed payments)

I think I am losing about 20% on the promoted fee. 

Is this just me or did ebay change its rules on promoted listings fees refunded after cancelled/refunded sale?

Thanks

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I don't have to refund my buyers.

Why do you?

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

My return rate is only 0.16%.

my main issue is losing money on items that buyers accept offers on (or I accept their offer) then they don't pay and I am out because of something I can't control.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Yes I am noting the same. I contacted ebay cs and they said it was gst. But that can't be right as it doesn't add up. They said they would credit back the difference but I don't want to do that everytime... Same on a cancelled post label. 20% less back than I paid ???

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Yes I have had the same thing. Buyers change their minds or just don't pay and this isn't just for promoted listings its any listing, Ebay keeps a percentage, and yes only since Managed payments came in

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

@comprotuscosas wrote:

I have noticed recently when I refund a buyer or when a buyer doesn't pay and the sale is cancelled I am not getting all the fee back for my promoted listings (on managed payments)

I think I am losing about 20% on the promoted fee. 

This is also happening to me, ebay cs just told me it has nothing to do with gst as someone else was told, but it is a glitch that they are trying to fix. Painful ... 

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

@starwood2111 wrote:

Yes I am noting the same. I contacted ebay cs and they said it was gst. But that can't be right as it doesn't add up. They said they would credit back the difference but I don't want to do that everytime... Same on a cancelled post label. 20% less back than I paid ???

Ebay cs told me it was a glitch and nothing to do with gst (because as you said, it doesn't add up). Now waiting for them to credit back the difference as promised, and it looks like we will have to contact them each time this happens, until they fix the glitch. Joy ... 

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply