"New case Opened" - buyer simply wanting to ask a question !

Hi all !

.... I have been noticing these 'new case opened' emails from buyers via eBay. In 90% of cases, it is a buyer asking a simple question related to the purchase and did not use CONYACT SELLER option - paricularly those made just pre or post Xmas .... New yeat.

Simple answer given, all good, buyer happy.

I now discover thatI am collecting defects for every one of these questions that the buyer has put thru the 'Open a Case' channel instaed of using 'Ask a Question' ......like nearly 2% defects on this single point.

Any comments much appreciated!

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

its so confusing now.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Hi,

I had exactly the same issue. Emailed CS and they replied that they have removed the defect but won't show until my evaluation on 20th.......we'll see tomorrow.
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

It's easy to contact the seller before payment with the contact seller option but after payment it all changes.The contact seller thing doesn't have the "other" option after payment,buyer has to use "ask a question about using my item or contact seller" option.Every other option will open a case.Some buyers may see no harm & just click any option.If they see that it has opened a case & panic & close it,the defect is still there anyway.

I had to ask about that last week 'cos i was scared of accidentally defecting the seller.

It's a defect trap.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

LOL , I had one person simply ask for extra wrapping and private to be labeled on his parcel. 

Now I have a defect !  Buyer is very happy and left feedback to this effect. 

Again 1 defect not very fair !!!!

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

This is a good reason for me to continue sending my buyers a personal message when I post their items, as well as marking them as sent. If they want to ask me a question they're (hopefully) more likely to click on reply to my email than on any of the other options.
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Its making us block every buyer who does this. Not sure how this is good for eBay...
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply